Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maximizing Social Security redux

"HeyBub" wrote:
Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money wrote:

It's been going on for years, it's call "Crazy Money".
http://spectator.org/archives/2011/1...elfare-swindle

Just goes to show: "There's nothing new under the sun."

Thanks for the link.

As with anything else, marketing is the name of the game.

My plan includes passing out cards at the unemployment office.

I was listening to a telephone roundtable last night from state rep.
Talking about stuff and county taxes. I just got letter yesterday swooping
up my one property evaluation from $3500 to $28,000. 800% increase. Well
it's bad property, have to try to change it.

The rep from pa says the food stamp card in pa issue is used in 50 states
and overseas. Something wrong.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 7:53*pm, gregz wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money *wrote:

*It's been going on for years, *it's call "Crazy Money".
http://spectator.org/archives/2011/1...elfare-swindle

Just goes to show: "There's nothing new under the sun."

Thanks for the link.

As with anything else, marketing is the name of the game.

My plan includes passing out cards at the unemployment office.

I was listening to a telephone roundtable last night from state rep.
Talking about stuff and county taxes. I just got letter yesterday swooping
up my one property evaluation from $3500 to $28,000. 800% increase. Well
it's bad property, have to try to change it.

The rep from pa says the food stamp card in pa issue is used in 50 states
and overseas. Something wrong.

Greg

Do you mean "valuation" as opposed to "evaluation"?

It sounds like they are using "full valuation" figures instead of
partial valuations with a multiplier.

It doesn't mean that your taxes will change, it could just mean that
they are using a different formula to determine your taxes.

Of course, your taxes could still go up, but it wouldn't be just
because they are now valuing your house at full value.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 22, 7:53 pm, gregz wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

Not only are they increasing property values, They just increased the
millage.

House and lot went up 20% . My other connected lot went up 800% .I have to
go down and try to get it lowered. All properties changed to computer
program. As a lot, the other property is on a slope, with a 15 foot ridge
on other road. Covered with trees. Nobody would buy it.

I'll also say I'm retired on ss. Many homes have doubled assessment, and
many people face grief. The other counties are much cheaper on taxes. Too
bad I'm on the boarder.

Greg

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 11:28*pm, gregz wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 22, 7:53 pm, gregz wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

Must be nice. I can't get anybody to raise my property value.

They just increased the
millage.

House and lot went up 20% . My other connected lot went up 800% .I have to
go down and try to get it lowered. All properties changed to computer
program. As a lot, the other property is on a slope, with a 15 foot ridge
on other road. Covered with trees. Nobody would buy it.

I'll also say I'm retired on ss. Many homes have doubled assessment, and
many people face grief. The other counties are much cheaper on taxes. Too
bad I'm on the boarder.

Greg

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Not only are they increasing property values,

Must be nice. I can't get anybody to raise my property value.

Saw in the news where the lady who lives next door to property owned by
Detroit Congressman John Conyers just had her homeowners' insurance raised
from $1500/yr to $8,000/year because Conyers property was so decrepit it
constituted a fire hazard.

So, if the value of your (or your neighbor's) property goes down, your
insurance goes up.

It averages out.