Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A New Perspective on Cost of War

On Feb 21, 7:18*am, "Robert Green" wrote:

If you recall, the Sovs blasted flight KAL007 out of the sky with a US
Congressman aboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...nes_Flight_007

I don't think our side ever dreamed that the Sovs would respond to an
overflight with a shoot down. That flight was probably a test of Russian
missile defense systems and their ability to discriminate between passenger
and military aircraft. *Too many very weird happened that night for it to
have been an accident. *The Congressman was there in all probability, to
secure quick release of the passengers if they were *forced* down. *Instead,
the Sovs *shot* them down. *We didn't understand the human factors of the
equation. *That Sov pilot would have been executed soon after landing had he
done anything but shoot the KAL passenger jet down. KAL007 was another sad
intelligence failure but one we learned from, I think.

You know, you have an incredible knack where you can't
make a single post without going stark raving mad. The
first part of the post is rational. Then you go totally off the
rails with a looney conspiracy theory without basis. In this
case the obvious need is that it just couldn't be that one
side made an innocent mistake and the other was an
evil empire with a long record of having no regard for
human life. No, in a desperate attempt to get to some
kind of moral equivalence, you conjure up that a Korean
civilian 747 full of passengers was deliberately flown
into Russian airspace on some kind of military mission.

The only intelligence failure here is obviously your own.