Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default A New Perspective on Cost of War

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:19:51 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 18, 6:42*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in ...

There was lots and lots of killing back then, too, but it mostly made
matters worse. *Israel will eventually face a situation where no matter how
many troops it can field, just a few well-targeted atomic bombs could do it
mortal damage. *Unlike the US where it would take 100's of nukes to decimate
our major populations centers, the bulk of Israel's population is located in
just a few major urban centers. *The people I know in the military are
resigned to the fact that countries like Iran will eventually build a
nuclear arsenal. *We can slow them, but we can't stop them. *Iran's nuke
facilities are extremely well-hardened and may be deep enough under rock to
resist even our latest Massive Ordnance Penetrators.

--

Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

All you say is true. But there are people out there who profit from
war and others who love the excitement.
And then there are those who have made a career out of the army etc .
In the eyes of the world, the USA is an exceptionally bad record.

The reason the Irish business stopped was two fold.
The old men running it wanted to come and sit by the fire.
An their funding from America was cut off as part of the "war on
terror"

It is not over, we have a new young generation recently appearing.

The ones who profit from war, and are now egging on a war on Iran, are
the 1%. They make the money from the war machine and from the global
corporate system that supports it. The rest of us pay for the war.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

corporate system that supports it. The rest of us pay for the war.- Hide quoted text -

You are exactly right. The 1% in the USA needs perpetual war. The
99% pay for it in blood and tax.

The Iran oil cut off was deliberately provoked so that the 1% could
make increased money from more expensive oil.
In these times the price of oil would normally have fallen.