Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Grammy's

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:39:37 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug" wrote in
:

wrote:

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.

Neither did I. I went to bed after the 14th time Whitney Houstin
died...about 10min into the show I think it was.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 10:39*am, RonB wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? *When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. *the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound
with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or
appeal anymore. Sorry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 00:11:56 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.

Neither did I. I went to bed after the 14th time Whitney Houstin
died...about 10min into the show I think it was.

That long I would not last. I go to bed with the chickens (dark) and
get up with the roosters (dawn)!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2012 8:47 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Feb 13, 10:39 am, wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound
with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or
appeal anymore. Sorry.

Why? Just because they made excellent music with about a hundred
dollars worth of equipment and can still do it?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:39:37 -0800 (PST), RonB wrote:

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening?
RonB

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone
bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."
Posted to alt.home.repair

They came right after the Aristotle's and before the Socrates.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kuskokwim" wrote in message

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone
bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2012 10:05 AM, Kuskokwim wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:39:37 -0800 (PST), RonB wrote:

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening?
RonB

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone
bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."

Doubt that....and the 75 y/o guy with Alzheimer's was fantastic. I'm
not a frequent Grammy/Emmy/Oscar watcher, but the Grammys was
heartbreaking. When my daughter was in high school, she went to a Beach
Boys concert; Glen spotted her in the audience, called her up on stage
(she didn't hesitate) and proceeded to chat with her about hitting the
road with them! Glen had pretty good taste )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2012 9:47 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Feb 13, 10:39 am, wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound
with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or
appeal anymore. Sorry.

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. It gets more and more
curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 13, 10:39 am, *wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? *When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. *the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound
with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or
appeal anymore. Sorry.

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. *It gets more and more
curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going )

Mick Jagger and the Stones are still "making" music...BB's are not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2012 7:11 PM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
:

wrote:

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last
evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys
sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys
did it with five.

RonB

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.

Neither did I. I went to bed after the 14th time Whitney Houstin
died...about 10min into the show I think it was.

She was singing in the tub when she died: "I'll always glub you.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

Grammy's what? What belongs to Grammy?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:31:49 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. It gets more and more
curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going )

As long as Keith Richards is still alive ;-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. It gets more and more
curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going )

As long as Keith Richards is still alive ;-\

Coudda fooled me.

"..Halfway through the song a fan invades the stage and heads for
Mick, Keith sees the intruder, and uses his Fender Telecaster to wipe
him off the stage."

http://www.stonesarchive.com/video/i...satisfaction/?

Science should study Keith: How did this man survive this long?

I check his obituary, then I know I'm still alive..