Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow 2/2/2012 .........

TOP OF THE NEWS
Feb 2, 2012.

The most significant news on this date it that Punxsutawney Phil saw his
Shadow today. That means 6 more weeks of winter.
http://www.groundhog.org

But there's a problem. Quite a few other groundhogs around the country
did not see their shadows. For example, The Milwaukee County Zoo‘s
resident ground hog, Wynter, took center stage Thursday morning and did
not see her shadow. Therefore, according to Wynter, we can expect an
early spring.
http://fox6now.com/2012/02/02/milwau...l-arrive-early

This is better than 2011, when groundhog's day festivities were
cancelled in Milwaukee, and other places around the country because of a
massive blizzard. See:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/115022624.html

According to
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2921...hadow-2012.htm
it appears that throughout North America, there was a mixed opinion
between groundhogs. Apparently they have not been contacting each other
via email or cellphone, and have not had any meetings lately to discuss
the weather. So which groundhog are we supposed to believe?

What does this all mean?

Well, this means that we all have to rely on science, technology, modern
weather reporting, and those weather reporters on tv pointing at maps.
If this dont suit you well, you can always just look out the window
every day, go for a walk outside, and if it feels cold, it's winter. If
the ground is white, it's winter. When things start to turn green and
warm outside, it'll be spring. (The sooner the better).

In the meantime, on February 5, most Americans will be watching the
Superbowl football game, and by the end of the game, many of them will
be too drunk to know whether the weather is hot or cold or even exists.
This may require 2 or 3 days to sober up, and that will bring them 2 or
3 days closer to Spring.

Myself, I plan to go outdoors around midnight and see if I see my
shadow. If I do, this will mean that my porch light it turned on. If
not, I better check the bulb, the circuit breakers, test the voltage,
inspect the wiring and the switch..... This should bring me 2 or 3 days
closer to Spring......

Happy Groundhog's Day

(\.--./)
/ ,_, \
((:Y)
.`-`-'-'.
/ / .-. \ \
(___)E E(___)
/ | .. | \
( . `--' . )
\ . || . /
E(___/ \___)E

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/2/2012 5:39 PM, wrote:
[...]

I've been to Punxsutawney and used to hunt around there.
I can say with authority, that groundhog tastes like chicken
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 5:39*pm, wrote:
TOP OF THE NEWS
Feb 2, 2012.

The most significant news on this date it that Punxsutawney Phil saw his
Shadow today. *That means 6 more weeks of winter. *http://www.groundhog.org

Well, it was 60F yesterday near NYC - if we get six more weeks of
that, I'll take it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:57:22 -0500, Frank
wrote:

Happy Groundhog's Day

(\.--./)
/ ,_, \
((:Y)
.`-`-'-'.

I've been to Punxsutawney and used to hunt around there.
I can say with authority, that groundhog tastes like chicken

And here I always thought they tasted like ground pork !!!!