Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator non problem

Late last night I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water from
the refrigerator water dispenser. I pushed the glass against the
lever and heard the solenoid, but no flow. Crap!. I need a new valve
and have to pull the fridge out in a tight space, etc. As I was
considering my options, the ice maker dumped a load of ice. I heard
the solenoid again, but it did not fill.

So, I grabbed a few ice cubes, put them into the glass and went to the
sink to fill it. No water!

Turns out, a water main broke a few houses down and the water was shut
off to the rest of us. Took them until 3AM to get the water back on.
This was the first time in my life that city water failed for any
reason.

With no water to drink, I poured some Tullamore Dew over the cubes and
sipped that instead. Figured I'd save the last couple of beers for
breakfast.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 28, 9:53*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

snip

With no water to drink, I poured some Tullamore Dew over the cubes and
sipped that instead. *Figured I'd save the last couple of beers for
breakfast.

Good choice. Glenfiddich would have been good in that situation as
well.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oops, that's one reason for a water dispenser not doing its thing. My
trailer park has some bad pipes, some where. They have to shut off the
entire park every few months for a couple hours at a time, to dig and patch.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
[...]

Banned

Good thinking on your part. I would have probably jumped to conclusions. probably would have started taking it apart thinking the refrigerator water filter was clogged. Only then, after hours of effort, would I have thought to check the tap. Of course the water would be back on by then and I would be doubly mystified.

Last edited by radiotom : February 15th 12 at 02:13 AM

Refrigerator problem - again! ---MIKE--- Home Repair 3 January 22nd 10 02:32 PM
Refrigerator problem Steve Home Ownership 8 May 25th 06 09:56 PM
Refrigerator problem slapshot Home Repair 2 April 6th 06 04:36 PM
Refrigerator problem Dave Home Repair 3 December 19th 04 12:15 AM
Refrigerator problem (help!) Steve Home Repair 6 July 7th 04 03:47 AM