Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mitt fires Newt

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-112512.html

Mitt Romney just slapped back hard at Newt Gingrich over his pitch for a
moon colony and a bid to have private enterprise compete to build it,
saying if he was running a corporation and an executive came to him and
talked about having the firm build a lunar colony, "I'd say, 'You're
fired.'"

He goes on to slap Newt for going state to state making promises for votes.

Right on Mitt!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2012 6:26 PM, JimT wrote:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-112512.html

Mitt Romney just slapped back hard at Newt Gingrich over his pitch for a
moon colony and a bid to have private enterprise compete to build it,
saying if he was running a corporation and an executive came to him and
talked about having the firm build a lunar colony, "I'd say, 'You're
fired.'"

He goes on to slap Newt for going state to state making promises for votes.

Right on Mitt!

Mitt did a great job in that debate in coming on strong. He was a
little too mild in the previous one in not confronting Newt head on.
Newt's stock is rightfully sinking. He's not a bad guy but has too much
baggage to be our nominee.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mitt fires Newt (OT!)

"JimT" wrote in message
net...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-112512.html

Mitt Romney just slapped back hard at Newt Gingrich over his pitch for a
moon colony and a bid to have private enterprise compete to build it,
saying if he was running a corporation and an executive came to him and
talked about having the firm build a lunar colony, "I'd say, 'You're
fired.'"

He goes on to slap Newt for going state to state making promises for

votes.

Right on Mitt!

You know to be a true independent I have to zing you and Heybub both for
omitting OT from political posts.

Have pity on the Republicans and their "anyone but Romney" nominations. The
eventually nominee will have been bludgeoned to near death by his close
rivals.

In the meantime, you can't buy this kind of entertainment from the best
scriptwriters in the world. Moonbases, Tiffany credit lines, and the
nominee of the month. I suspect in just a few short years we'll be able to
vote for a real genetic Reagan clone. Maybe our founding fathers were
really prescient in demanding a natural born citizen - they knew clones were
coming.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2012 5:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/28/2012 6:26 PM, JimT wrote:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-112512.html

Mitt Romney just slapped back hard at Newt Gingrich over his pitch for a
moon colony and a bid to have private enterprise compete to build it,
saying if he was running a corporation and an executive came to him and
talked about having the firm build a lunar colony, "I'd say, 'You're
fired.'"

He goes on to slap Newt for going state to state making promises for
votes.

Right on Mitt!

Mitt did a great job in that debate in coming on strong. He was a
little too mild in the previous one in not confronting Newt head on.
Newt's stock is rightfully sinking. He's not a bad guy but has too
much baggage to be our nominee.

Mitt is too hawkish for me to vote for. FWIW: I'm voting for Paul in the
primaries. After that I donno.

Paul is saying what I've been thinking since I was in the 4th grade in
the early 60s. And I was brought up in a house full of democrats!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2012 5:48 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
net...
[...]

Well thanks for the pity. You don't think the title says it all? Maybe I
was having a problem with my cat Mitt and my frog Newt?

The moon line is going to be remembered for awhile and it probably
should be focused more on things like Mitt's willingness to take us back
into Iraq.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
"JimT" wrote in message
net...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...ed-112512.html

Mitt Romney just slapped back hard at Newt Gingrich over his pitch
for a moon colony and a bid to have private enterprise compete to
build it, saying if he was running a corporation and an executive
came to him and talked about having the firm build a lunar colony,
"I'd say, 'You're fired.'"

He goes on to slap Newt for going state to state making promises for
votes.

Right on Mitt!

You know to be a true independent I have to zing you and Heybub both
for omitting OT from political posts.

Go ahead, abuse those who think differently from you with untruths and
distortions.

I have NEVER started an off-topic thread without warning (I think I used the
tag "HUMOR" once).

Further, I'm pretty sure I've never started a political post, period! If I
have, I apologize, but I don't think I did.

Now a recent post I started DID deal with a politician decrying government
involvement in light-bulbs, but that was just meant merely to illustrate
that all rational people oppose the government's insistence on CFLs. The
speaker could just have easily been a Nobel Prize winner, a holy man from
the Far East, or an honest auto mechanic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:

* I agree Bush was irrational in approving the law.

OK - let's stop where we agree and I'll admit to riding you harder
than you deserve. I've run an analysis and ironically, like me, we
both have started very few OT political posts but we certainly aren't
shy about responding to them which contributes to the erroneous
assumption I and others have made. On the other hand I've identified
the three posters here who post more OT stuff than all the other OT
posters combined. I should have done that before beating up on you.
I apologize. I'm sure you deserved the beating for something you've
done in the past, though. (-:

I don't start political trouble, but I refuse to let a myth go unchallenged.

If you do decide I deserve a beating, bring a long gun. Better, bring
several friends, all with long guns.

I was a deputy sheriff for eight years and your friend in the solid-waste
disposal business was certainly right. Alan Dershowitz observed: "Defendants
are not found guilty for what they did, the are found guilty for what can be
proved. Most of the time what can be proved is not what they did and what
they did cannot be proved."

Let me show you how changing ONE LETTER in an offense report can send a
stink-eye away for the rest of his life:

Original draft report:

"While on routine patrol, my partner, Officer Doright, and I observed the
below named suspect sitting on the below described vehicle. We subsequently
determined the target vehicle was stolen and arrested the below named
suspect."

Final report:
"While on routine patrol, my partner, Officer Doright, and I observed the
below named suspect sitting in the below described vehicle. We subsequently
determined the target vehicle was stolen and arrested the below named
suspect."

Do you see the difference? (Hint: "ON" was changed to "IN", a difference of
one letter.)