Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFL Bulb Fails!

Wife's desk lamp.
Feit 13/60 Watt curly.
Didn't explode, just wouldn't light up.

I see her opening a 4 pack of CFL's down here in the basement.
I asked her how old the failed bulb was.
She said four years, since daughter gave her the lamp.

I mentioned here my kid got us two 18-count cases of Feits for 28
cents a bulb at Menards. About a year ago.
I was going to track their longevity.

Been pestering my wife because she's the bulb-changer here.
She's opening a pack of something called "Ecosmart."
I ask why she isn't using a Feit from the cases my son bought.
They're on a nearby shelf.

She says, "I just grabbed these from the closet."
I say, "What? You got CFL's in the closet?"
Then, "Let me see the bulb that burned out."
She says, "I threw it in the garbage."
I say, "Get it for me. I want to see it."
She goes and gets it.

It's a Feit that looks likes the ones in the cases my son bought.
So I ask, "Are you sure this bulb is four years old?"
She got ****ed, and said,
"If you don't quit bothering me about these god damned light bulbs
you're not getting dinner."
Then she went upstairs.

I go to the basement closet and see about 6 varieties of CFL's
in there, different sizes, and a pack of old "special" incandescents
we used to use for the bathroom vanity before CFL's.
I had no idea how little I knew about my wife's secret bulb-buying.

Then I heard kitchen noises and smelled a pork roast.
So I'm giving up on light bulb tracking.
I'll leave it to the ladies.

Did check to see that the burned out Feit didn't match the ones in the
cases.
So I'll go with 4 years for that one.
And that's all you'll ever hear from me on the subject.
Maybe.

--Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 20, 4:22*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

The FEIT's seem to be much better then the Lights of America. I won't
buy anything that has LoA on the box.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You mean she doesn't magic marker the install date of the bulbs when she
puts them in? And the record the data on Exsell spread sheet program on your
laptop after she cooks dinner? Really? What negligence is this! I'd be
wondering, now, if some marital intervention is called for?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:10:53 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

You mean she doesn't magic marker the install date of the bulbs when she
puts them in? And the record the data on Exsell spread sheet program on your
laptop after she cooks dinner? Really? What negligence is this! I'd be
wondering, now, if some marital intervention is called for?

Not a bad idea. She's got a sharpy on her desk.
The CFL's have a big white base to write on.
Write the install date there..
Just put the dates in Excel when they burn out.
Nah, I won't ask her to do that.
She don't know anything about Excel and doesn't want to know.
She's a cook, and I like it that way.

She says CFL's last last a LOT longer than the old type.
Good enough for me.
There's probably been studies done on it anyway.

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/20/2012 5:22 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

I've marked a few of the bases with the installation date, but I'm also
the only one changing light bulbs here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:22:37 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

She's opening a pack of something called "Ecosmart."

chuckle on the bride story

In the last week or ten days I placed two Ecosmart (ES) CFL bulbs in
one garage door opener. I'll see how long they last. They cost me more
than the last $0.50 CFL bulbs that were replaced (lifetime warranty?)

The Ecosmart package: (China)

-- 60 watt equivalent (14 watt)
-- 800 lumens
-- 14 energy used in watts
-- 10,000 life in hours (three hours per day)
-- 9 year warranty

Oh, up to 70% less mercury sigh

The 50 cent bulbs were from China too. The ES bulbs are far more
expensive 2 @ 4.47 -- plus tax.

I'm doomed (g)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vic Smith wrote:

[...]

Sharpie the install date on them, much like an A/C filter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 20, 6:02*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
[...]

I marked a few but it's been so long ago I can't tell what the date is
because I no longer read Sanskrit.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

What a sad life. Too bad your wife didn't stick a knife in your sorry ass.
You're pathetic!