Posted to rec.woodworking

Default UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So

called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Not surprising. I once had a FedEx package that they insisted was delivered
(to what was in actuality a non-existent address), and that I never laid
eyes on, and FedEx swore it was signed for by an individual named F.
Rontporch.

All sworn and attested to, with a straight face ... go figure.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:52:38 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

My heroes. Good luck with your package. You're gonna need it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:52:38 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

If UPS won't let you talk to any of their "customer service" people then, based
on my experience, they're doing you a favor. The couple that I've ever dealt
with brought a whole new meaning to the word "incompetent."

Best thing to do, IME, is to call the vendor, tell them what happened, and let
them deal with UPS. In the couple cases that it's happened to me, (one was
Rockler, I forget the other) they've just re-shipped the order and presumably
battled it out with UPS later.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

With any automated phone system, if there isn't an option you like,
just do nothing and hang on the line. Odds are good you'll be switched
to a human being.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 14, 7:52 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. [snipped for brevity]

I order a lot of stuff from the US. I always ask for USPS. Some
distributors don't like to ship USPS, becuase "there is no tracking".
Well, guess what? There is virtually no tracking with UPS either.
Purolator is a bit better, DHL works for me, if somebody pre-pays the
shipping. CanPar is cool as long as one ships within Kanuckistan.
*buffing my fingernails on my lapel*..well...of course LEE VALLEY
happens to be a 'local' shipment.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So
called the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a
failed delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log
in, and give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't
report a lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

Call the shipper, he cares about the shipment as much as you do and probably
has more pull.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:141120062240456837%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So
called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

With any automated phone system, if there isn't an option you like,
just do nothing and hang on the line. Odds are good you'll be switched
to a human being.

That used to be true. Now they just ask if you need the menu read again.
If you ignore that, they hang up.
Punching zero used to work also, but no more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So
called the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a
failed delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log
in, and give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't
report a lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

Aw heck try this

http://gethuman.com/us/

Scroll down to US Shipping and look for, or dial

800-742-5877 Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So
called the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a
failed delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log
in, and give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't
report a lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

Last Christmas UPS said they delivered something to my front door (ended up
being my neighbor's door) but couldn't/wouldn't deal with it. Called Amazon
and they overnighted another package after explaining that UPS didn't
deliver to me and it was a present. Amazon really came through, UPS on the
other hand consistently can't read address numbers or deliver to the correct
house.

Call the original vendor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone writes:

With any automated phone system, if there isn't an option you like,
just do nothing and hang on the line. Odds are good you'll be switched
to a human being.

And if that doesn't work, try the GetHuman database

http://gethuman.com/us/

it says for UPS,

800-742-5877 Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

J. Clarke wrote:
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

I feel your pain.. I despise those phone trees. Thanks to those that
posted the "get human" database.

I got a bill from a hospital that wasn't itemized or anything.. No
indication of what family member it was (just had my name, and I know
it wasn't me)..I tried to call to inquire.. After going about 10 deep
in prompts with no way to find a human, I just hung up. After it got
sent to a collection agency, I called the agency and told them I'd pay
for it as soon as I got an itemized bill telling me what it's for. They
told me to call the hospital. I said "If you don't have a copy of the
bill to send me, then YOU call the hospital".. Never heard from either
of them since. I still don't know if it was a legit bill or not, but
I'm not going to send anyone money without an explanation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
Dave Balderstone writes:

With any automated phone system, if there isn't an option you like,
just do nothing and hang on the line. Odds are good you'll be switched
to a human being.

And if that doesn't work, try the GetHuman database

http://gethuman.com/us/

it says for UPS,

800-742-5877 Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages.

That does get a human, who can't do anything about it.

Called Klingspor, they're getting a new order out today.

Friggin UPS--for the longest time they weren't able to figure out how to
ring a doorbell--I finally put a huge sign pointing at the button and a bit
laser-printed note on the door inside the glass--"UPS, please RING THE DAMN
BELL like the Fedex guy and the pizza guy and the kid who mows the lawn and
legions of trick-or-treaters figured out how to do on their own".

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got a bill from a hospital that wasn't itemized or anything.. No
indication of what family member it was (just had my name, and I know
it wasn't me)..I tried to call to inquire.. After going about 10 deep
in prompts with no way to find a human, I just hung up. After it got
sent to a collection agency, I called the agency and told them I'd pay
for it as soon as I got an itemized bill telling me what it's for. They
told me to call the hospital. I said "If you don't have a copy of the
bill to send me, then YOU call the hospital".. Never heard from either
of them since. I still don't know if it was a legit bill or not, but
I'm not going to send anyone money without an explanation.

You mean you didn't have the DRG for the code number? Golly, I thought all
we consumers were supposed to have one. Which is why they change them all
the time.

What I like is the itemized portion of the invoice is printed, not with the
date the service was allegedly rendered, which might allow me to
cross-check, but with the date it was billed. With so much opportunity for
fraud, is it any wonder there's so much out there?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Howdy!

In article .com,
Robatoy wrote:

On Nov 14, 7:52 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. [snipped for brevity]

I order a lot of stuff from the US. I always ask for USPS. Some
distributors don't like to ship USPS, becuase "there is no tracking".
Well, guess what? There is virtually no tracking with UPS either.

Delivery confirmation is a half a buck. It gives you a tracking
number and provides a measure of accountability along with a sticker
on the parcel that shows that someone is paying attention.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:48:07 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Friggin UPS--for the longest time they weren't able to figure out how to
ring a doorbell--I finally put a huge sign pointing at the button and a bit
laser-printed note on the door inside the glass--"UPS, please RING THE DAMN
BELL like the Fedex guy and the pizza guy and the kid who mows the lawn and
legions of trick-or-treaters figured out how to do on their own".

Gee, I wonder why the guy doesn't give a sh*t about your packages.

And that UPS truck is louder then my doorbell anyway, but not as loud
as the big ass driveway crushing FedEx truck.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:
That used to be true. Now they just ask if you need the menu read again.
If you ignore that, they hang up.
Punching zero used to work also, but no more.

Another thing you may want to try (lol, you may have already tried it)
is to yell profanity into the phone. I'm not making this up. Some
call center computers now have voice recognition software designed to
listen for key words like this, then send you to a human.

I confess that I once wrote call center software. Please forgive me.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, "brianlanning" wrote:

Another thing you may want to try (lol, you may have already tried it)
is to yell profanity into the phone. I'm not making this up. Some
call center computers now have voice recognition software designed to
listen for key words like this, then send you to a human.

ROTFL!

I recently needed to speak to a UPS customer service rep about an
out-of-the-ordinary problem that didn't match any of the system's canned
prompts. Here's how the conversation went:

[Voice-recognition system -- pleasant but slightly condescending female voice]
Thank you for calling UPS. What would you like to do? You can say 'track a
package', 'send a package' --

[I interrupt] Speak to a human being.

[VRS, puzzled tone] I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. You can say 'track a
package' --

[I interrupt again] Talk to a human.

[VRS] I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. You can say 'track a package' --

[me, louder, irritated] Talk to a human!

[VRS] I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. You can say --

[me, exasperated] F**K YOU!!

[VRS] One moment, and I'll connect you to an agent.

[helpless laughter barely contained before the real-live human being came on
the line]

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

And if that doesn't work, try the GetHuman database

http://gethuman.com/us/

it says for UPS,

800-742-5877 Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages.

That does get a human, who can't do anything about it.

Don't you wonder why they even answer the phone at all.
I was dealing with a ditz with the Discover credit card company last night.
I had applied received, and decided to cancel the card after I found that
its cash back program only offered about half of what I am currently
getting. The guy could not believe that I wanted to cancel their
"Platinum" card. He was not going to let me cancel.
Finally I told him to listen, I held the phone next to the paper shredder
and dropped the card in. I then asked him if he was on the same page as I.
;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

getting. The guy could not believe that I wanted to cancel their
"Platinum" card. He was not going to let me cancel.
Finally I told him to listen, I held the phone next to the paper shredder
and dropped the card in. I then asked him if he was on the same page as

I.
;~)

That usually a pretty good ploy with Discover ... they generally immediately
try lower said interest rate on balance transfers and kick up your limit a
few thou when threatened thusly.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

for. They
told me to call the hospital. I said "If you don't have a copy of the
bill to send me, then YOU call the hospital".. Never heard from either
of them since. I still don't know if it was a legit bill or not, but
I'm not going to send anyone money without an explanation.

Did you happen to check your credit after that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

getting. The guy could not believe that I wanted to cancel their
"Platinum" card. He was not going to let me cancel.
Finally I told him to listen, I held the phone next to the paper
shredder
and dropped the card in. I then asked him if he was on the same page as

I.
;~)

That usually a pretty good ploy with Discover ... they generally
immediately
try lower said interest rate on balance transfers and kick up your limit a
few thou when threatened thusly.

The guy really started throwing in all kinds of perks and offers like you
mentioned when I told him that we usually put 25 to 35K a year on the card.
Since we pay the card off every month none of what he had to offer
interested me. We average 3 to 4% money back from the cards that we use.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Brent Beal" wrote in message

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

for. They
told me to call the hospital. I said "If you don't have a copy of the
bill to send me, then YOU call the hospital".. Never heard from either
of them since. I still don't know if it was a legit bill or not, but
I'm not going to send anyone money without an explanation.

Did you happen to check your credit after that?

I would advise the same.

My wife and I had to have a sewer company come out on a Sunday one weekend
to fix a backed up sewer line. The person that answered the phone said that
the charge for emergencies was $200/hr plus a $75 trip charge. We had no
choice and they showed up and in 20 minutes they had the line unclogged. We
were expecting a bill for $200+. When we got it it was for $475. The person
that answered the phone neglected to tell us that there was a 2 hour minimum
charge. We got nowhere with the company and I paid what I thought was
reasonable ($225). They sent us to collections and when the collector called
I explained the story to him. The next week was the same story, new
collector, explanation, and then nothing. Well I thought it was over and 8
months later I was trying to get a car loan and low and behold they had
turned it over to the credit bureau as Non-Payment.

I finally was victorious as they took me to court and I won. They had to
remove it from my credit but it took almost 18 months.

Allen

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:56:22 GMT, "rthomps9"
wrote:

Last Christmas UPS said they delivered something to my front door (ended up
being my neighbor's door) but couldn't/wouldn't deal with it. Called Amazon
and they overnighted another package after explaining that UPS didn't
deliver to me and it was a present. Amazon really came through, UPS on the
other hand consistently can't read address numbers or deliver to the correct
house.

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time
UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street
with another number first and I have to call and complain and get the
runaround to have them go pick it up. It's faster for me to just go
over and pick it up myself, I just gave the people who live there my
number and they call whenever UPS messes up. I'll probably make them
a nice plate of cookies for Christmas for being such good sports about
it.

UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:25:04 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time
UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street
with another number

UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.

I do. It's a low IQ.

That and they're the biggest package delivery, they don't have to care
that their service is very poor. They've become what everyone used to
(or still does) make fun of the USPS for.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time
UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street
with another number

UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.

I do. It's a low IQ.

That and they're the biggest package delivery, they don't have to care
that their service is very poor. They've become what everyone used to
(or still does) make fun of the USPS for.

Yeah, let me cry in the beer too. Finally decided to get broadband
at home, ordered DSL package from Verizon. Verizon ships the modem to
the buyer. Sometime yesterday, while SWMBO was home, UPS, without
ringing the bell or knocking, left the torn, partially crushed
package in front of our house... IN THE RAIN!

I must say that Verizon was very sympathetic and said they would send
out another right away. The CSR I spoke to said she hears stuff like
this all the time. I asked why they continue to use UPS and was told
that she wonders why too!
--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
wrote:

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time
UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street
with another number

When I first started using map blast or map quest, I would type in my
address and it would show my house one block north than it was. Maybe they
use those for directions, or their GPS system is screwed!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I've avoided UPS like the plague they are ever since they delivered a
small package marked "Fragile" to a second floor balcony with no stairs
to it and a 4' high railing around it in the middle of winter. I found
said package under several inches of snow a couple days later,
fortunately it wasn't really that fragile.

Lately I've become a fan of USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes. I've
also always had good results with FedEx, DHL and even a few no-name
outfits used by MSC.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Residential business has become a total PITA for UPS which is why they
charge a premium for it.

Around here, FedEx is even worse.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. Almost every mail-order (that
includes e-business) I have ever had since tracking was available
online has had a tracking number that I've been able to follow (one
didn't--I don't know why). The delivery matched the tracking every
time.

I had good service in the three places I've lived since UPS started.
The guy in Illiniois never had trouble finding me, and when I ordered
$2000 worth of radios and power supplies, he went through the back
gate and placed them up on the deck by the back door (all instead of
the front door) knowing they were expensive.

When I was living in a condo in FL, the UPS guy had a keycode to get
in the building (by fiat of the Association) and leave packages by the
door in the hall if no one answered.

Here in NFL, the UPS guy lives in the neighborhood and covers up
packages left in absentia with the doormat (even though the
neighborhood is extremely safe--rarely is anyone in here who doesn't
belong here).

I am unaware of ever failing to receive a package that was shipped
UPS. Now, if I lived in Canada, I'd be singing an entirely different
tune. What they're doing up there is criminal.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:14:33 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Subject

Residential business has become a total PITA for UPS which is why they
charge a premium for it.

Around here, FedEx is even worse.

Well, the end result of all this is that on Wednesday UPS delivered the
replacement package that Klingspor sent out and today they delivered the
original. On Monday I need to get hold of Klingspor and find out what
they want me to do with it.

--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt
Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

Well, the end result of all this is that on Wednesday UPS delivered the
replacement package that Klingspor sent out and today they

delivered the
original. On Monday I need to get hold of Klingspor and find out what
they want me to do with it.

If they have a salesman in the area, they will give you credit and ask
you to hold it for pickup by the salesman which will probably take
about 6 weeks.

No salesman, they will take it back.

DAMHIKT

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Al" writes:

The true meaning of UPS

ULTRA POOR SERVICE = UPS
REALY POOR SERVICE = RPS

RPS is now Fedex Ground. Fedex bought RPS after the big UPS strike to
better compete with UPS.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time
UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street
with another number

UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.

I do. It's a low IQ.

That and they're the biggest package delivery, they don't have to care
that their service is very poor. They've become what everyone used to
(or still does) make fun of the USPS for.

I recall it being explained to me that the UPS had a contract
with its employees such that after a certain period of full-time
employees would only become Union members after a
(60 day?) probabtionary perios. Consequently, UPS routinely
discharged new employees after 59 days.

So among other problems, UPS has a lot of empoyees with
very little experience.

--

FF