Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Montana tractors

I am probably getting a Montana 4344 tractor with loader, backhoe, and
trailer as part of a settlement. Does anyone have any experience or insight
in these tractors?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2012 8:53 PM, Steve B wrote:
I am probably getting a Montana 4344 tractor with loader, backhoe, and
trailer as part of a settlement. Does anyone have any experience or insight
in these tractors?

Steve

Interesting lineage, yours was built in South Korea by LS with a
Mitsubishi diesel engine.

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Montana_Tractors

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/5/2012 12:29 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/5/2012 12:00 PM, Steve B wrote:

As I commented in the thread over on rcm, from what I've seen of them
there's nothing wrong with them as a general utility tractor.

What I don't/wouldn't like is that despite Mitsubishi being around, what
you're hostage to is whether the US support distribution channel is
going to be around long--...

My personal opinion is the present value is worth $20k in comparison to
what you can get from Kubota or others; that doesn't mean in a few years
you would be able to get much for it if there is no US support.

I'd far prefer...

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6562491

Don't have a clue where you're located so not any idea about whether
utility tractors are rampant or rare as hen's teeth there, but as I
think about how I'd feel at check-writing time for the green one, I get
less and less enthralled, personally, simply owing to the uncertainty
going forward. I'd plan on hanging onto something of that ilk for 20 yr
or more unless actually using it commercially where could/would
expense/depreciate it and expect to pay for it w/ revenue. I'm still
reluctant even if were here on the farm to commit to something w/o full
service.

It's a crapshoot; feel lucky and the urge, I don't think you'll be
disappointed at least initially. All will depend on whether it does
develop any problem and then what state the service business is in at
the time...and who know on that one?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 1/5/2012 12:29 PM, dpb wrote:
[...]

I get a 18' tandem trailer with this, and the guy just told me there's a 6
way front blade, scraper box, and post hole digger that goes with it. All
for $20k.

I agree with you about future parts availability, but it looks very much
like we will all be speaking either Spanish or Chinese here soon anyway.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/5/2012 2:39 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message ...

It's a crapshoot; feel lucky and the urge, I don't think you'll be
disappointed at least initially. All will depend on whether it does
develop any problem and then what state the service business is in at the
time...and who know on that one?

I get a 18' tandem trailer with this, and the guy just told me there's a 6
way front blade, scraper box, and post hole digger that goes with it. All
for $20k.

I agree with you about future parts availability, but it looks very much
like we will all be speaking either Spanish or Chinese here soon anyway.

But will they ship the parts????

I agree it's a lot of gear for the initial outlay; it's definitely a
current value deal it would appear.

Is it a closed-cabbed version or open platform/ROPS/canopy?

Did/does your buddy have any idea on numbers sold overall before they
pulled out? Or if there are any others importing under a different
nameplate or did they quit building them entirely? The latter question
I never did ascertain; I've not been by the local place here since they
switcheroo...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote

But will they ship the parts????

From what I understand, existing dealers of other brands have absorbed their
warranty work, and the company itself has changed from manufacturing to just
making and distributing parts.

I agree it's a lot of gear for the initial outlay; it's definitely a
current value deal it would appear.

Is it a closed-cabbed version or open platform/ROPS/canopy?

It is open with a roll bar type overhead.

Did/does your buddy have any idea on numbers sold overall before they
pulled out? Or if there are any others importing under a different
nameplate or did they quit building them entirely? The latter question I
never did ascertain; I've not been by the local place here since they
switcheroo...

As I said, I believe that they quit manufacturing Montana all together, but
now they are still made in similar styles, but by companies with other
names.

Steve

Montana Tractors Steve B[_13_] Metalworking 7 January 6th 12 01:24 AM
Any Experience with Vann's in Montana? hr(bob) [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 June 24th 08 05:25 AM
OT - Montana Cowboy Cliff Metalworking 1 May 5th 06 08:10 PM
Wood Supply in Missoula or Kalispell, Montana??? rich Woodworking 3 December 30th 05 03:20 AM
OT - Lawn Tractors & Small farm tractors RogerN Metalworking 25 April 16th 04 04:30 PM