Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire in CT, kills five

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/con...hristmas-fire/
Fire place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big
home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents,
girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but barely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 12:44*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
* *http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/con...hristmas-fire/
Fire place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big
home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents,
girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but barely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Stormin:

Brush up on your reading skills a little bit, you have jumped to a
major
conclusion and are stating it as a fact: "no smoke detectors, or fire
alarm"
when that has not been determined as of yet -- even the CNN article
you
linked to was able to correctly repeat the information from the
Stamford
fire investigators:

"It was unclear whether working smoke detectors had been installed in
the house, which was under renovation, officials said."

Your conclusion is not currently supported by the facts in evidence...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/con...hristmas-fire/
Fire place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big
home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents,
girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but barely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

You posted a reply to the other thread about the same incident, an hour
earlier.

Curious, what is your purpose starting a new thread about the same topic?

BTW, one channel is reporting the parents are going through a divorce.
People do some strange things when it comes to divorce. Just saying...

Stormy, don't claim their divorce forced you to post your own thread on the
subject!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I thought I read the story on another usenet list. When I read the story, it
was "marked read" and then I went to go do some other stuff. Came back and
the "marked read" story was hidden by my filter, which showed unread stories
only.

Posted here, to spread a seasonal caution about smoke detectors. I'd forgot
that I first read the story on AHR, or I'd have replied within the thread.
Oops!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Curt" wrote in message ...

You posted a reply to the other thread about the same incident, an hour
earlier.

Curious, what is your purpose starting a new thread about the same topic?

BTW, one channel is reporting the parents are going through a divorce.
People do some strange things when it comes to divorce. Just saying...

Stormy, don't claim their divorce forced you to post your own thread on the
subject!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/con...hristmas-fire/
Fire place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big
home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents,
girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but barely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Even worse story here from a while back.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index...p ic=297576.0

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I thought I read the story on another usenet list. When I read the story,
it
was "marked read" and then I went to go do some other stuff. Came back
and
the "marked read" story was hidden by my filter, which showed unread
stories
only.

Posted here, to spread a seasonal caution about smoke detectors. I'd
forgot
that I first read the story on AHR, or I'd have replied within the
thread.
Oops!

Hehe, had to give you a hard time

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, someone giving me a hard time on usenet! I'm going to go hide under the
bed in the dark and cry!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Curt" wrote in message ...

Posted here, to spread a seasonal caution about smoke detectors. I'd
forgot
that I first read the story on AHR, or I'd have replied within the
thread.
Oops!

Hehe, had to give you a hard time

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Oh, someone giving me a hard time on usenet! I'm going to go hide under
the
bed in the dark and cry!

And, that's different than your usual routine, how?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:04:41 -0500, "Curt" wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..
Oh, someone giving me a hard time on usenet! I'm going to go hide under
the
bed in the dark and cry!

And, that's different than your usual routine, how?

His freebie HF flashlight died?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/con...hristmas-fire/
Fire place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big
home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents,
girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but barely.

And the contractor that was there got out too.

Cheri