Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default unclearable toilet (toilet auger, hot water, time) (I gorged on peanut butter!)

Man, I've never had a stoppage like this before.

First, this is the one toilet in the house that has a
big exit hole, pipe, etc.

If it got blocked (before now,, that is), a home-depot
orange accordion-like
mother of all plungers usually does the trick. Change that "usually"
to "always". Until now.

I've been trying the toilet auger (doesn't scratch the visible
ceramic surface). [There was, unfortunately, a LONG time when
I didn't know toilet augers even existed -- snakes really ruin
things!]

Anyway, the 2inch long spiral thing at the end of the auger
comes out with this crap (that is the correct word) on it
that's of the consistency of thickening, curing glue, the only
way to clean it off is a BLAST of pretty high-pressure water
from outdoor water faucet. (No, wee screwdriver not sufficient.)

(I'm assuming it's from recently gorging on peanut butter, but no,
I've not tasted it to be sure. HOWEVER, for any brave volunteers
out there, I'd be happy to send you some, and YOU tell ME
what it came from.)

So, any suggestions as to what might dissolve or loosen this
stuff, so the plunger has a chance of working?

(Remember, on a 1940 or 30 house, over the years various
pipings and seals have been replaced with the plastic-like
stuff they use now. Sure don't want to harm that, if that's
what I've got.)

OK, enough for now. Gotta go back to pouring in hot
(faucet) water (drains out VERY slowly), guessing that
the heat will help it to soften up.

-----

(When I go every ten years to get one of those tv-cameras up
your rear end colon-tests (I stay awake and watch the tv, like
riding at the front car of a subway, looking out the front window),
they always run out of tube. God knows what extra processing
happens in those extra feet of colon (you know, stuff goes
in liquid, comes out solid)!)

Ideas?

Thanks,

David