Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

Default Broken Battery Slot

On Dec 19, 7:27*am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Dec 18, 8:37*am, Bob_Villa wrote:

I recently got an Acer One netbook AOA-150 (bartered deal from CL) and
the only thing wrong is the extensions (prongs) are all broken in the
case. *The battery slides horizontally on these-back to front to
connect.
Anyone have any suggestions for a fix (other than ducktape!)

TIA

I think the latches still work (One is sprung-the other push-lock).
Maybe Velcro (peel&stick) on the top (battery/slot) and separate it
with paper until it's latched?
I haven't gotten the battery to try it...yet!

Thought I would post this in AHR...because I haven't got a "good fix"
suggestion!
Thanks!

Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:20:31 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Dec 19, 7:27*am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Dec 18, 8:37*am, Bob_Villa wrote:

I recently got an Acer One netbook AOA-150 (bartered deal from CL) and
the only thing wrong is the extensions (prongs) are all broken in the
case. *The battery slides horizontally on these-back to front to
connect.
Anyone have any suggestions for a fix (other than ducktape!)

TIA

I think the latches still work (One is sprung-the other push-lock).
Maybe Velcro (peel&stick) on the top (battery/slot) and separate it
with paper until it's latched?
I haven't gotten the battery to try it...yet!

Thought I would post this in AHR...because I haven't got a "good fix"
suggestion!
Thanks!

If it were me I'd use painter's tape. Easy to remove and re-use. May
not look pretty but it's functional. Otherwise maybe with a lot of
trouble you could grind/smooth/shape plastic perhaps with a dremel
tool to the right fit and cement in place. Of these two methods, I
like the painter's tape more.... so much easier and faster.
Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Turns out...there's a "boss" that extends from the battery into the
compartment that firms-up the mating pretty well! I got the 9 cell
(original was 3). I should have gotten a 6 because this one is
massive! Oh well!
Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

Here's a look: http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...rebattery2.jpg
Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Well at least you got it to work and look decent. 9 cell battery
should give you a little extra time.

Personally I like the idea of pulling the battery when not needed. It
actually does prolong its charge a bit vs. leaving it in all the time.
And at the cost of batteries, I'll take every extra second.

Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yes...but the whole idea of having a netbook is to use it 99% of the
time...on battery!
Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

If that works for you, okay. I only use my batteries when I really
need them because I'm getting tired paying for them.
Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I understand what your saying for a second computer (laptop) for
internet. The size of the netbook says, ultra-portable (as opposed to
portable). I only paid $32 for the 9 cell!