Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wyoming Department of Health: Don't Castrate Lambs With Teeth

Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

==================================
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2011/12/...make-you-sick/

December 8, 2011, 3:05 PM ET

CDC: Castrating Lambs With Your Teeth May Make You Sick

At first, we thought this week’s issue of the CDC’s Morbidity and
Mortality Report was utterly run-of-the-mill.

We skimmed a report on leisure-time activity among adults with and
without arthritis and an update on flu activity before we were stopped
in our tracks by something we’d never seen befo a case report on
Campylobacter jejuni infections contracted by two people working on a
sheep ranch, apparently because they used their teeth to castrate some
lambs.

C. jejuni is frequently transmitted by fecal-oral contact or consuming
contaminated food or water. And infections are commonly associated with
eating poultry or unpasteurized dairy products, the report notes.

But these two workers didn’t report consuming those food items. Nor did
they share food or water. Their common bond: of the 12 people who worked
to castrate and dock tails of 1,600 lambs at a Wyoming sheep ranch in
June, they were the only two who reported using their teeth as
castration aids.

And, during the event, “a few lambs reportedly had a mild diarrheal
illness,” the report says. C. jejuni was later isolated in two lambs.

The men, too, came down with diarrhea, and one also suffered from
abdominal cramps, fever, nausea and vomiting. One was hospitalized for a
day; both fully recovered. Lab testing suggested the infection by C.
jejuni was from a common source.

The ranch owners and employees, the MMWR notes, were advised to use
standard methods for castrating the lambs — not including the teeth.

Kerry Pride, an author of the report and veterinarian, tells us via
email that “this method has and does occur.” It was more common in the
1800s, but still goes on, Pride says, speaking for herself and not the
CDC.
Posted to alt.home.repair

==================================http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2011/12/08/cdc-castrating-lambs-with-your...

[...]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 14, 7:25*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
[...]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww- Hide quoted text -

IIRC "Dirty Jobs" had a segment on it and Mike Rowe did one.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...

Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

CDC: Castrating Lambs With Your Teeth May Make You Sick

It's even "curiouser" where you get your reading material from. What kind
of mailing lists are you on?

This should amuse you:

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/canad...-victims-flesh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 14, 7:40*pm, Home Guy wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

To be fair, you don't have the slightest idea of what constitutes
"home repair" subjects so you're probably easily "amazed".
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 14, 7:40*pm, Home Guy wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

It's probably a Scottish custom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2011 8:11 AM, gpsman wrote:
On Dec 14, 7:40 pm, Home wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

To be fair, you don't have the slightest idea of what constitutes
"home repair" subjects so you're probably easily "amazed".
-----

- gpsman

I get the impression he is in desperate need of attention and will do
anything to get it. He should get someone to show him how to use
Facebook instead of continuing to make himself look silly here with his
dire need to get attention.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gpsman" wrote in message
On Dec 14, 7:40 pm, Home Guy wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

To be fair, you don't have the slightest idea of what constitutes
"home repair" subjects so you're probably easily "amazed".

And he's clearly never watched "Dirty Jobs". That's apparently the "way it's
done".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:40:45 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

This why we Americans will not "pay" you to move here. America would
not be perfect anymore. Something's we like to keep personal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 14, 7:40 pm, Home wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

To be fair, you don't have the slightest idea of what constitutes
"home repair" subjects so you're probably easily "amazed".
-----

- gpsman

I get the impression he is in desperate need of attention and will do
anything to get it. He should get someone to show him how to use
Facebook instead of continuing to make himself look silly here with his
dire need to get attention.

.... hammer, nail, sunk...

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the Wyoming Department of Health is advising to NOT castrate lambs
with my teeth, then I will certainly follow their advice and not do
so!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:28:48 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

If the Wyoming Department of Health is advising to NOT castrate lambs
with my teeth, then I will certainly follow their advice and not do
so!

Suppose they tell you to do so.... Would you do it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:28:48 -0800, "Bill" wrote:

If the Wyoming Department of Health is advising to NOT castrate
lambs
with my teeth, then I will certainly follow their advice and not do
so!

Suppose they tell you to do so.... Would you do it?

Actually I've never cared for lamb. But I do care about lambs, so I
don't think I could ever do anything to hurt one of those cute little
things...

Also I believe in karma (what comes around, goes around). So probably
best to not go around doing things like that!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Speaking for myself, I don't have the balls.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

If the Wyoming Department of Health is advising to NOT castrate lambs
with my teeth, then I will certainly follow their advice and not do
so!

Suppose they tell you to do so.... Would you do it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2011 8:59 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Speaking for myself, I don't have the balls.

Judging by the way you post you'd probably suck its cock instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2011 11:28 PM, Harry K wrote:

IIRC "Dirty Jobs" had a segment on it and Mike Rowe did one.

Harry K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-udsIV4Hmc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2011 11:49 AM, h wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 14, 7:40 pm, Home wrote:
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue!

To be fair, you don't have the slightest idea of what constitutes
"home repair" subjects so you're probably easily "amazed".

And he's clearly never watched "Dirty Jobs". That's apparently the "way it's
done".

I've seen a bull castration tool and google showed lamb tool to be the same.

Basically a pliers that pinches through scrotum to cut the tubes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2011 4:40 PM, Home Guy wrote:
[...]

mike rowe did it on dirty jobs. Can't be all bad.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote the following:

Do you have to castrate them before their teeth grow in, or pull out all
their teeth before you castrate them?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:25:58 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

[...]

These were lambs, not sheep.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2011 1:49 PM, willshak wrote:
Home Guy wrote the following:

Do you have to castrate them before their teeth grow in, or pull out all
their teeth before you castrate them?

Said the castrators were using their own teeth.

I'm sorry I got into this thread as it got me looking at utubes of the
event. Animals did not bother me but then I came to one where guys were
doing it to themselves including mutilating their member.
Home Guy should see all of these
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote the following:
On 12/17/2011 1:49 PM, willshak wrote:
Home Guy wrote the following:

Do you have to castrate them before their teeth grow in, or pull out all
their teeth before you castrate them?

Said the castrators were using their own teeth.

I know. The header just cried out for a joke. :-)

I'm sorry I got into this thread as it got me looking at utubes of the
event. Animals did not bother me but then I came to one where guys were
doing it to themselves including mutilating their member.
Home Guy should see all of these

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

You're fine. The other guy dropped the ball.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..