Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT.World's biggest trucks.

http://videos2view.net/xM-WLT.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:44:24 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

http://videos2view.net/xM-WLT.htm

Damn, in the west we have 58' trailers, 53' most everywhere else, but
these are incredible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://videos2view.net/xM-WLT.htm

Damn, in the west we have 58' trailers, 53' most everywhere else, but
these are incredible.

The "crawler" that moved the space shuttles to the launch pad were
incredible. The shuttles were vertical for the ride to launch.

We have multi-trailer trucks in Nevada. Drivers complain they are too
long and dangerous. Mostly they should have their own lanes on the
highway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:09:20 -0800, Oren wrote:

We have multi-trailer trucks in Nevada. Drivers complain they are too
long and dangerous. Mostly they should have their own lanes on the
highway.

We have them in MA and NY too, but restricted to only a few roads
(like route 90) and you need a special license to drive one. I don't
see many of them though, maybe one every couple of months.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 15, 3:23*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:09:20 -0800, Oren wrote:

We have multi-trailer trucks in Nevada. *Drivers complain they are too
long and dangerous. Mostly they should have their own lanes on the
highway.

We have them in MA and NY too, but restricted to only a few roads
(like route 90) and you need a special license to drive one. *I don't
see many of them though, maybe one every couple of months.

They are common in Australia where they have thousands of miles of
road that is absolutely level,
But even a slight hill defeats them. They have to unhitch trailers and
take them over one by one.
Dunno how they do this, they must be impossible to back up to
reassemble the train.
There are parking places at the bottom of hills everywhere with
trailers, I never saw them actually linking up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I see semi trailers with "tandem" or double trailers every day on the NYS
Thruway.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:09:20 -0800, Oren wrote:

We have multi-trailer trucks in Nevada. Drivers complain they are too
long and dangerous. Mostly they should have their own lanes on the
highway.

We have them in MA and NY too, but restricted to only a few roads
(like route 90) and you need a special license to drive one. I don't
see many of them though, maybe one every couple of months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://videos2view.net/xM-WLT.htm

Damn, in the west we have 58' trailers, 53' most everywhere else, but
these are incredible.

The "crawler" that moved the space shuttles to the launch pad were
incredible. The shuttles were vertical for the ride to launch.

They also carted the Saturn-Vs to the launch pad. Truly amazing.

We have multi-trailer trucks in Nevada. Drivers complain they are too
long and dangerous. Mostly they should have their own lanes on the
highway.

They're pretty much country-wide (there are exceptions). They're limited to
Interstates, though.