Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default World's biggest fixes

Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in Portsmouth,
RI?

Very interesting, and I had wondered just how they rigged the blades on that
lift. A basket rig around two blades and a trailer crane to keep the third
leg from grabbing.

I have watched lots of similar stuff. Lifting the 62 metric ton nacelle,
they have two taglines, which they fairlead to some equipment. Wind at
25mph. One snaps, as I knew it would once they tied it off to something
solid. Called that one right on the button.

Very interesting to watch, and brought back a lot of memories.

Still makes me nervous to watch that stuff. I knew that line was going to
part.

Very interesting from a rigging and metalworking standpoint.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in Portsmouth,
RI?

Very interesting, and I had wondered just how they rigged the blades on that
lift. A basket rig around two blades and a trailer crane to keep the third
leg from grabbing.

I have watched lots of similar stuff. Lifting the 62 metric ton nacelle,
they have two taglines, which they fairlead to some equipment. Wind at
25mph. One snaps, as I knew it would once they tied it off to something
solid. Called that one right on the button.

Very interesting to watch, and brought back a lot of memories.

Still makes me nervous to watch that stuff. I knew that line was going to
part.

Of course you knew that. You did say, over in the Dodge Truck group,
that you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder following a very
serious brain injury. Now you're real nervous, jumpy, twitchy,
constantly imagining things that might happen and reacting to your
imaginings as if they actually did. And you walk among us carrying a
concealed gun.

Very interesting from a rigging and metalworking standpoint.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.

No.

Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

With few options, the neurosurgeons bypassed most of the remnants of
Steve B's brains, and he survived to collect a big settlement. That's cool.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in Portsmouth,
RI?

No. What are you talking about? What the heck is a "three rotor 300'
tower?" Do you have any links to any pictures?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 11, 10:24*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in Portsmouth,
RI?

No. What are *you talking about? What the heck is a "three rotor 300'
tower?" Do *you have any links to any pictures?

Thanks,
Rich

blade propeller on a wind generator. Saw when it was first on. Watch
the bridge one. They're all interesting.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/12/2010 12:10 AM, Steve B wrote:
Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in Portsmouth,
RI?

Very interesting, and I had wondered just how they rigged the blades on that
lift. A basket rig around two blades and a trailer crane to keep the third
leg from grabbing.

I have watched lots of similar stuff. Lifting the 62 metric ton nacelle,
they have two taglines, which they fairlead to some equipment. Wind at
25mph. One snaps, as I knew it would once they tied it off to something
solid. Called that one right on the button.

Very interesting to watch, and brought back a lot of memories.

Still makes me nervous to watch that stuff. I knew that line was going to
part.

Very interesting from a rigging and metalworking standpoint.

Steve

Where does one see this?

--
I can see 2012 from my front porch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 12, 1:10*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

I recorded it last night and will watch over the weekend. Ive seen
some other shows with this guy, and they do show some pretty
"exciting" stuff. Most of it makes me wonder, "who ever thought THAT
would work?"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

Anyone watch that where they raise a three rotor 300' tower in
Portsmouth,
RI?

No. What are you talking about? What the heck is a "three rotor 300'
tower?" Do you have any links to any pictures?

Thanks,
Rich

Google "big wind generators". A nice pic there of a crane lifting a three
blade.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 12, 5:40*am, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...s/all/Overview
NatGeo*has*put*some*of*them*up*on*youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxL57OC3_MA
you*can*find*others*there.
Karl