Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement finishing with french drain

I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2" gap french drain
around 3/4 of the basement.
It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the cinder block and
did not cover the french drain
gap. I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering if there is
anything that I can do to dress up
the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are still
functional. Obviously I cannot do
molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow frame the gap
and holes but leave space
for the walls to weep. Anyone have any ideas????

-------------------------------------
Chuck Rogan

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ups.com,
chuckrogan typed:
I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2"
gap french drain around 3/4 of the basement.
It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the
cinder block and did not cover the french drain
gap. I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering
if there is anything that I can do to dress up
the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are
still functional. Obviously I cannot do
molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow
frame the gap and holes but leave space
for the walls to weep. Anyone have any ideas????

-------------------------------------
Chuck Rogan

Hardboard peg-board?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 12, 4:52*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
roups.com,
chuckrogan typed:

I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2"
gap french drain around 3/4 of the basement.
It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the
cinder block and did not cover the french drain
gap. *I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering
if there is anything that I can do to dress up
the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are
still functional. *Obviously I cannot do
molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow
frame the gap and holes but leave space
for the walls to weep. *Anyone have any ideas????

-------------------------------------
Chuck Rogan

Hardboard peg-board?

Some sort of built-up baseboad could cover the width of the gap, but
how high up on the walls are the drilled holes? A photo would be nice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 12, 5:08*pm, chuckrogan
wrote:
I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2" gap french drain
around 3/4 of the basement.
It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the cinder block and
did not cover the french drain
gap. *I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering if there is
anything that I can do to dress up
the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are still
functional. *Obviously I cannot do
molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow frame the gap
and holes but leave space
for the walls to weep. *Anyone have any ideas????

-------------------------------------
Chuck Rogan

this type of french drain wasnt meant for a finished space.....

call the original contractor a plastic wall weep system can be
installed into the french drain, so all wall water runs into the
drain, the outer edge can then be sealed.....

dont attempt to finish the space untill the wall is sealed, or high
humidity can cause mold behind your new wall
Posted to alt.home.repair

this type of french drain wasnt meant for a finished space.....

call the original contractor a plastic wall weep system can be
installed into the french drain, so all wall water runs into the
drain, the outer edge can then be sealed.....

dont attempt to finish the space untill the wall is sealed, or high
humidity can cause damage to your new floor

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 13, 5:08*am, bob haller wrote:
this type of french drain wasnt meant for a finished space.....

call the original contractor a plastic wall weep system can be
installed into the french drain, so all wall water runs into the
drain, the outer edge can then be sealed.....

dont attempt to finish the space untill the wall is sealed, or high
humidity can cause damage to your new floor

and your probably better going with ceramic tile or other floor
material that moisture cant damage

Basement french drain installation how-to videos? Jay-T[_7_] Home Repair 0 April 1st 10 10:21 PM
French drain capitol Home Repair 6 May 13th 08 07:13 PM
Suggestions for Connecting Filter Backwash Drain to French Drain? Scott Townsend Home Repair 0 July 22nd 07 10:02 PM
Washer drain cycle pushing water up floor drain in basement Steve Brady Home Repair 7 May 8th 06 01:04 PM
any reason I couldn't tap into a French drain to use it as a basement floor drain? PH Home Repair 3 July 7th 04 12:30 PM