Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Anyone know if this is useful or decorative?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlant...,188 .47,,0,0

I have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the
first time I noticed something sticking out of the building.

The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

I believe this is the SunTrust Plaza parking garage.

There appear to be 6 floors of office space above the parking levels.
The vent or grill or lattice-work you see arcing out of the (north?)
side is built into the office levels and is 4 floors high.

I would guess that it doesn't have anything to do with being a vent or
having an air-flow function.

It might be a purely architectual feature, possibly with an atrium or
large open space behind it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 9, 9:09*pm, Home Guy wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

I believe this is the SunTrust Plaza parking garage.

There appear to be 6 floors of office space above the parking levels.
The vent or grill or lattice-work you see arcing out of the (north?)
side is built into the office levels and is 4 floors high.

I would guess that it doesn't have anything to do with being a vent or
having an air-flow function.

It might be a purely architectual feature, possibly with an atrium or
large open space behind it.

I have no idea what it is either, never seen anything like it.
If it's an architectural feature, it sure is ugly.

Is it always in the same position or has he seen it closed, etc? I'd
just stop there one day and see if it's accessible
and can be figured out. Or ask someone there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2011 8:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlant...,188 .47,,0,0

I have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the
first time I noticed something sticking out of the building.

The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

If you drive on down the street a little further and turn and look up,
appears to be a reflection in a window behind the "thingy". Tall window
behind it is probably an atrium, so I'm thinking the "thingy" is a
louvered awning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
On 12/9/2011 8:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlant...,188 .47,,0,0

I have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the
first time I noticed something sticking out of the building.

The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

If you drive on down the street a little further and turn and look up,
appears to be a reflection in a window behind the "thingy". Tall window
behind it is probably an atrium, so I'm thinking the "thingy" is a
louvered awning.

Nah.
It's a chute for garbage from the rooftop..
They just made it a bit decorative for the outside view
:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlant...384126&spn=0.0...

I have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the
first time I noticed something sticking out of the building.

The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing
sticking out of the building.

What is it?

If you drive on down the street a little further and turn and look up,
appears to be a reflection in a window behind the "thingy". *Tall window
behind it is probably an atrium, so I'm thinking the "thingy" is a
louvered awning.

Nah.
* * It's a chute for garbage from the rooftop..
* * They just made it a bit decorative for the outside view

A "window" for fresh air, great on breezy days. There is another one,
opposite corner - on the Peachtree Avenue side of the building- near
the corner with Baker street, above the bistro area. Designed to look
nice, too, not just a window, per se.

Decorative tiles Maciej Zabawa Woodworking 0 October 18th 07 11:46 AM
DECORATIVE HINGE J T Woodworking 0 May 12th 07 02:15 AM
DECORATIVE PAINTING [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 14th 07 03:50 PM
Decorative box extentions John Gilmer Home Repair 10 December 13th 05 05:44 PM
Decorative Ironwork Arthur UK diy 0 June 19th 05 12:44 PM