Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Menards Black Friday

Things that caught my eye:
* Multi-function Miracle Tool (HF clone) - $14.95
* Drill bit set - $2.95
* 6-pak 9-LED flashlights (like the ones HF gave away) - $4.97
* Interior paint, satin, $2.00/gallon (semi-gloss - $3.00)
* Ceiling light fixtures, 2 pak - $4.95
* Step ladder - $9.99

Admittedly, some of Menard's offerings require a mail-in rebate.

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/me...friday-ad.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for a
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Admittedly, some of Menard's offerings require a mail-in
rebate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for a
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

That's happened to me, too. I keep a photocopy of everything I mailed off.
If I don't get what's due in a timely fashion, I raise a stink.

Here's a trick the rebate people use:

They mail you a check in an envelope with some bizarro return address and an
obvious "Bulk Rate" imprint. You, thinking it's some kind of pesky
advertisement, throw it away!

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for a
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

That's happened to me, too. I keep a photocopy of everything I mailed off.
If I don't get what's due in a timely fashion, I raise a stink.

Here's a trick the rebate people use:

They mail you a check in an envelope with some bizarro return address and an
obvious "Bulk Rate" imprint. You, thinking it's some kind of pesky
advertisement, throw it away!

They are wasting my time and their money when a place advertises an
item with a rebate. I could buy a sack of groceries with the rebates I
never got, maybe two sacks of groceries.
Tiger Direct especially comes to mind... Nothing but a hassle, wasted
time and wasted stamps. You must send in the original bar code, two
months no rebate, they ask for a copy, the copy isn't the original bar
code. Rebated denied. I never got the last rebate from Staples either
but it hasn't been two years yet, maybe it will be in tomorrow's mail.
Occupy Wall Street needs to put rebates on their list of thing to
change.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Menards Black Friday (Stormin blatherin goes off on poor service)

Supposing I put four hours of time into photo copying, phone
calls, hassling, and spending time pursuing the people. For
a $40 rebate, my time is ten bucks an hour. Heck with that.
And, why should I be obligated to chase them? If they are
going to screw me over like that, I'll go else where.

Like the totally poor service I got at Walmart, this week,
trying to buy tires. Took an hour, because they had four
guys and four vehicles ahead of me. Then, they changed the
order without telling me, and after my truck was in the shop
it still took an hour to mount two tires. I won't be back.
Might not even buy stuff at Walmart, either.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money "
wrote in message

They are wasting my time and their money when a place
advertises an
item with a rebate. I could buy a sack of groceries with
the rebates I
never got, maybe two sacks of groceries.
Tiger Direct especially comes to mind... Nothing but a
hassle, wasted
time and wasted stamps. You must send in the original bar
code, two
months no rebate, they ask for a copy, the copy isn't the
original bar
code. Rebated denied. I never got the last rebate from
Staples either
but it hasn't been two years yet, maybe it will be in
tomorrow's mail.
Occupy Wall Street needs to put rebates on their list of
thing to
change.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like a way to further irritate the customers who are
thier life blood. I mean, if people stop buying, they go
broke.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

That's happened to me, too. I keep a photocopy of everything
I mailed off.
If I don't get what's due in a timely fashion, I raise a
stink.

Here's a trick the rebate people use:

They mail you a check in an envelope with some bizarro
return address and an
obvious "Bulk Rate" imprint. You, thinking it's some kind of
pesky
advertisement, throw it away!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ja46kr
:

Supposing I put four hours of time into photo copying, phone
calls, hassling, and spending time pursuing the people. For
a $40 rebate, my time is ten bucks an hour. Heck with that.
And, why should I be obligated to chase them? If they are
going to screw me over like that, I'll go else where.

That depends on whether you could and did earn $40 not doing the rebate.

But I still agree with all you said.

Like the totally poor service I got at Walmart, this week,
trying to buy tires. Took an hour, because they had four
guys and four vehicles ahead of me. Then, they changed the
order without telling me, and after my truck was in the shop
it still took an hour to mount two tires. I won't be back.
Might not even buy stuff at Walmart, either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:09:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for a
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

In general, I don't like rebates but I don't remember one I didn't receive.
I've always followed the instructions to the 'T', though. Sometimes it takes
three months, but they come. It's not worth the hassle for a couple of bucks
but I got a rebate from HP for $150 (printer), which made a squatting on their
site a little more interesting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My last mail in rebate (ever) was $40 from Radio Shack for a
cell phone. Never got it. Never trusted mail in rebates,
after that.

Never trusted them PERIOD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 17, 4:17*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Things that caught my eye:
* Multi-function Miracle Tool (HF clone) - $14.95
* Drill bit set - $2.95
* 6-pak 9-LED flashlights (like the ones HF gave away) - $4.97
* Interior paint, satin, $2.00/gallon (semi-gloss - $3.00)
* Ceiling light fixtures, 2 pak - $4.95
* Step ladder - $9.99

Admittedly, some of Menard's offerings require a mail-in rebate.

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/me...friday-ad.html

I have been using Menarards and their rebates for at least 15 years,
probably more than 20, never had a single problem.

More Black Friday sales HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 3 November 17th 11 02:06 AM
Lowes Black Friday Red Green Home Repair 56 November 24th 10 01:30 AM
Lowes Black Friday DGDevin Woodworking 0 November 15th 10 04:23 AM
Black Friday -- a different take [email protected] Woodworking 8 December 1st 09 12:35 AM
Better sales: Black Friday vs. 1/2/10 ? Existential Angst Home Repair 7 November 26th 09 06:25 AM