Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ROOTS IN SEWER PIPE

WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE?

E-MAIL WELCOME

Posted to alt.home.repair

YES, I'VE HEARD OF THAT HAPPENING. I LIKE EMAIL ALSO.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"CHARLES YORK" wrote in message
WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE?

E-MAIL WELCOME

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2011 2:06 PM, CHARLES YORK wrote:
WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE?

E-MAIL WELCOME

No, not real plastic sewer pipe, which is ABS plastic. If some one is
dumb enough to use PVC, then a tree root growing beside it will apply
enough pressure to crack the PVC, then roots will grow in the pipe.

A septic tank system with perforated drain field pipe will easily let
roots in through the holes.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

"CHARLES YORK" wrote in message
WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE?

E-MAIL WELCOME

Two weeks ago I had to have my main drain pipe dug up to clear out roots
that had gotten into them.
The pvc pipe was not cracked. The pipe had not been glued at a coupling.
When water seeps out that provides a path for the roots to follow, enter the
pipe and prosper.
This particular joint was also in the drip range of the tree that had not
been in that location when the drain was originally laid 13 years ago. I
expect that if the drain line doesn't leak the roots will not be a problem.

BTW, the whole drain line did not have to be dug up. The use of a TV system
to locate the problem, minimized the digging.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 8:37*pm, "Charlie" wrote:
"CHARLES YORK" wrote in message

WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE?

E-MAIL WELCOME

Two weeks ago I had to have my main drain pipe dug up to clear out roots
that had gotten into them.
The pvc pipe was not cracked. The pipe had not been glued at a coupling.
When water seeps out that provides a path for the roots to follow, enter the
pipe and prosper.
This particular joint was also in the drip range of the tree that had not
been in that location when the drain was originally laid 13 years ago. I
expect that if the drain line doesn't leak the roots will not be a problem.

BTW, the whole drain line did not have to be dug up. The use of a TV system
to locate the problem, minimized the digging.

Charlie

theres a easy CHEAP method that requires near zero work to remove
roots.

perodically dump a 25 pound bag of rocksalt in a washtub, mix with
very hot water and a shovel, then everyone spend the day away from
home. so the salt water has time to lay in the line.....

leave some of the salt undisolved in the tub, so later water uses add
another salt bath to the roots.

a clogged line has this actually work better......

repeat perodically espically in spring when trees are about to leaf
out...

its worked for me for near 15 years. use rocksalt or softener salt. it
kills the roots but leaves the trees or bushes unharmed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Would that rocksalt flush down the toilet? Might be easier.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus