Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roots In Sewer Line

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure that I have some tree roots that have made there way into
the sewer line headed to the septic tank. When I use a 3/4" wide x 100 foot
flat sewer rod, I can hit something in the line. So I'm thinking that the
best thing to do is have someone come out and use one of those cameras to
view inside the line for roots.

Just wondering what the cost of clearing out roots in the drain should cost?
I know they'll give me an estimate, but wondering what others have paid.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

"diablo" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm pretty sure that I have some tree roots that have made there way into
the sewer line headed to the septic tank. When I use a 3/4" wide x 100
foot flat sewer rod, I can hit something in the line. So I'm thinking that
the best thing to do is have someone come out and use one of those cameras
to view inside the line for roots.

If you are "handy," you can likely buy the machine used (from Harbor
Freight) for about the same money as a professional might charge.

Unless you kill the trees pumping out the roots, you will have to do it
again & again & again.

Frankly, if your pipe to the septic tank leaks you should repair the leaks.
The start cutting down trees!

Just wondering what the cost of clearing out roots in the drain should
cost? I know they'll give me an estimate, but wondering what others have
paid.

Thanks,
Brian

Sewer drain repairs -- roots John Albert Home Repair 7 March 28th 09 06:41 PM
Sewer sleeving to stop roots Jim Home Repair 10 February 3rd 07 02:48 PM
Roots in sewer line? Walt Home Repair 12 April 22nd 06 09:54 PM
Tree Roots in Sewer Line - Keller, TX mscraven Home Repair 10 December 30th 05 01:52 AM