Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning dryer vent

Yesterday I bought a kit for cleaning my dryer vent..... I had been
using a vacuum cleaner but it wasn't doing as good of a job as I
wanted and the vent clogged anyway. The one withe the brush and long
push rod similar to a fiberglass cable snake. Well it went OK and got
the job done but was a little more aggravating than what I wanted.
Having some 1/8 inch SS cable around I fabricated a pull rope to be
left in the duct. A test cleaning showed I could pull the brush from
end to end in about the time it takes to think about it. If you decide
to try this make 2 pull ropes...pull one in when you pull the other
out.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 9:04*am, JIMMIE wrote:
Yesterday I bought a kit for cleaning my dryer vent..... I had been
using a vacuum cleaner but it wasn't doing as good of a job as I
wanted and the vent clogged anyway. The one withe the brush and long
push rod similar to a fiberglass cable snake. Well it went OK and got
the job done but was a little more aggravating than what I wanted.
Having some 1/8 inch SS cable around I fabricated a pull rope to be
left in the duct. A test cleaning showed I could pull the brush from
end to end in about the time it takes to think about it. If you decide
to try this make 2 pull ropes...pull one in when you pull the other
out.

Jimmie

I connect the dryer end to the exhaust of my 5HP shop vac. this cleans
the line great in moments

Dryer Vent Cleaning Videos: Metspitzer Home Repair 14 June 15th 10 12:34 AM
Dryer vent GWB Home Repair 6 September 29th 07 08:34 AM
dryer vent cleaning Methos Home Repair 9 December 12th 06 07:51 PM
Gas Dryer Vent Steve Home Repair 3 October 31st 06 03:47 PM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM