Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Getting rid of a cat

Ship it UPS ground?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

I'd take your cat if I was nearby,
but I'm a long ways from you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

All for the convenient low price of $74.99, and includes a
convenient pouch of very expensiv cat food only sold through
vets?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Small chance it has a ID chip ??

I don't even know if it is male or female.

If it has testicles, it's a male. If no testicles, it's a
female OR a male
that's been neutered.

A vet can tell you if: a) It has a chip, and b) it's sex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like most of my friends.

I'd like a study of how many incarcerated felons ate carrots
in the first five years of their lives.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message

Don't forget the "Unholy Triumvirate":

Bedwetting
Animal torture
Playing with Fire

Read "Mindhunter". It appears that a high percentage of
"Sick
*******s" (serial killers and the like) exhibit that group
of
tendancies as kids and adolecents.

-TES

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 16:56:30 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Thanks, I laughed out loud.

I believe it goes back to the famous Herb Caen, columnist for the SF
Chronicle years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 16:57:48 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I noticed pet rocks aren't on your pompous list.

Really, read the book "Mindhunter". It's the story of the FBI's first
psychological "profiler". It's an amazing read and full of lot's of
fascinating facts about serial killers. SpoooooOOOOoooooky stuff
though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My kind of humor. Glad someone out there remembers the "good
stuff". I offend people, on a regular basis. I regret that,
but it helps keep the normal people away from me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

Thanks, I laughed out loud.

I believe it goes back to the famous Herb Caen, columnist
for the SF
Chronicle years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:33:12 -0500, aemeijers
wrote:
take the cat to a farm area and see if you can find a taker. Put up
notices on bulletin boards in rural stores too.

I have NEVER heard of a farmer shopping for a barn cat. Mother nature
abhors a vacuum, etc. If a position opens up, a cat will be along to
fill it shortly. That is why catch/neuter/release is the ONLY proven
method to keep feral cat populations under control. If you just kill
them, the surplus from next door moves in. The cats figure out quickly
how many is an acceptable number per barn, and who is in charge.

I dont "shop" for them. I just take those who need a home. Never paid
for one yet. a few times I found "free kitens" at rummage sales and
brought them home. 5 or 6 is about right for my needs, but I have had
as many as 16 at a time. Seems some of them just vanish over time.
The next thing I'm down to one or two, and the damn mice take over the
place. I rarely see feral cats here except a few toms who come here
every spring to get some pussy (literally) ....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 17:01:51 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'd like a study of how many incarcerated felons ate carrots
in the first five years of their lives.

Once incarcerated they can be force fed.

That's my rulin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, kewl idea. I'll just have to kill my 42nd wife, and
steal her credit card. After I finish eating the slow
roasted cat, and burning down my barn. I'm guessing is
plenty spooky. Too late for haloween, this year.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

I noticed pet rocks aren't on your pompous list.

Really, read the book "Mindhunter". It's the story of the
FBI's first
psychological "profiler". It's an amazing read and full of
lot's of
fascinating facts about serial killers. SpoooooOOOOoooooky
stuff
though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 13:56:31 -0800, Zz Yzx wrote:

"Stats on animal abuse show a sharp correlation between animal abuse &
other crimes, including rape, robbery, murder, sexual homicide,
domestic abuse and more. E.G.: studies show 100% of sexual homicide
perps (like Jeffrey Dahmer) started by abusing animals. Even cops,
prosecutors & social workers say show me an animal abuser and I'll
show you someone with a long rap sheet. Thus, we all need to get
behind toughening laws for animal abuse to keep these violent perps
locked up longer."

Don't forget the "Unholy Triumvirate":

Bedwetting
Animal torture
Playing with Fire

The last one is hardwired into man. Ohh, pretty!

Read "Mindhunter". It appears that a high percentage of "Sick
*******s" (serial killers and the like) exhibit that group of
tendancies as kids and adolecents.

-TES

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah hurd dat! Be a good fahr, yet, Bubba?
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...q= camp++fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybzrM8lJ6kc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=uYAdffzkYlw

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Playing with Fire

The last one is hardwired into man. Ohh, pretty!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:41:31 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

I don't even know if it is male or female.

Look for dangling participles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
All for the convenient low price of $74.99, and includes a
convenient pouch of very expensiv cat food only sold through
vets?

No, for free.

Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

On 11/5/2011 5:01 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I have a cat that is a stray. I have been feeding it for a couple of
months. I would like to give it away, but have found no takers.
Georgia will be experiencing freezing temperatures soon and I do not
keep animals in the house. Anyone want one? I am in West Georgia.
The local animal pound says they keep it for a week and then euthanize
them.
http://imgur.com/Ml4F6

I found a no-kill shelter about 45 min away, but it says on the site
that they can't, by law, accept strays.

http://www.jenniferspetrescue.com/

Stray cats survive - 40 deg. weather around here. You don't have to
worry about that in George, West or East. Keep the cat around. You
won't find a better way to keep the rodents away from your house.

LdB
Posted to alt.home.repair

LdB wrote:

Stray cats survive - 40 deg. weather around here.

And where exactly is that? Alaska?

And that's bull**** too.

No mammals survive -40F temperatures unless they naturally hibernate.

Domestic short-haired cats have a tough time surviving -20f unless
they're in a shelter (a box or something) that can shield them from
wind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:01:26 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

I have a cat that is a stray. I have been feeding it for a couple of
months. I would like to give it away, but have found no takers.
Georgia will be experiencing freezing temperatures soon and I do not
keep animals in the house. Anyone want one? I am in West Georgia.
The local animal pound says they keep it for a week and then euthanize
them.
http://imgur.com/Ml4F6

I found a no-kill shelter about 45 min away, but it says on the site
that they can't, by law, accept strays.

http://www.jenniferspetrescue.com/

I wasn't going to bring this up but I am testing a new server
so...........

When the cat I have first showed up, I called the local pound. I
asked if they had a service to reunite missing pets with the owner.
The girl said that they did not. She said, if I have a stray cat they
would come out and pick it up. They would keep it for a week and then
put the cat down.

I suggested that I had a picture of the cat. If they offered a web
page where local people could post pictures, it would be a very good
place where missing owners could find their pets.

Her reasoning was........if we do that then we would have people come
down and claim pets that did not belong to them.

Come again? Wouldn't that be better than killing them?

She didn't seem the least bit interested.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

I wasn't going to bring this up but I am testing a new server
so...........

So - what?

What's so secret or special about your server?

You're posting to usenet using a new server?

What?

I asked if they had a service to reunite missing pets with
the owner. The girl said that they did not.

Go to kijiji.com and look up your city (or the closest city to you
that's listed in your state).

Go to the "community lost and found" and you'll find (among other
things) postings for dogs and cats found as well as dogs and cats
missing. There will be another section devoted to pets, along the lines
of selling (or giving them away).

The humane society near you might also run a lost-and-found pet website,
and there might also be animal rescue groups doing the same thing.

Some veterinarians also host a lost-and-found service on their website,
and most any veterinarian's office will have a bulletin board with
pictures and notes for lost pets.

Some pet-food stores also have bulletin boards for lost pets and pets
available for adoption from individuals and local rescue groups.

What you'll find is that there is no coordinated or universal resource
that people go to to when seeking to reunite a found pet with it's
owner. It's highly dependent on the local circumstances. Some people
resort to the classified ads of the local newspaper, some people just
start googling for "lost dog in (my city)", some people ask their vet's
office, etc.

There might be some nation-wide websites, but none have the universal
recognition as, say "facebook.com" or "yahoo.com" has.

For a pet owner, there is nothing that compares to microchipping your
pet. Regardless where or how your lost pet might come into the hands of
a rescuer, and regardless how they might advertize the find, your pet
will at some point in the rescue chain be scanned for a chip, and direct
contact with you will quickly follow.

Stray animals (especially cats) are more adoptable if they are brought
to a shelter if they are already (a) neutered/spayed, (b) vaccinated,
and (c) microchipped. All 3 can be done at the same time by those that
are so inclined to see the animal go to a good home, and if the cost
(about $150 for a male, maybe $50 more for a female) is not an issue
(for some of us, that's chump change).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:06:24 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:

I wasn't going to bring this up but I am testing a new server
so...........

So - what?

What's so secret or special about your server?

You're posting to usenet using a new server?

What?

I made a post to another news group that, even now, has never showed
up. This test post showed up right away.

I subscribed to a new Usenet server. Nothing special. I was just
planning on testing the server by posting something other than "test
post" Nothing secret or CIA about it.

[...]

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Metspitzer wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:43:04 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
I have a cat that is a stray. I have been feeding it for a couple
of months. I would like to give it away, but have found no takers.
Georgia will be experiencing freezing temperatures soon and I do
not keep animals in the house. Anyone want one? I am in West
Georgia. The local animal pound says they keep it for a week and
then euthanize them.
http://imgur.com/Ml4F6

I found a no-kill shelter about 45 min away, but it says on the
site that they can't, by law, accept strays.

http://www.jenniferspetrescue.com/

Small chance it has a ID chip ??

I don't even know if it is male or female.

If it has testicles, it's a male. If no testicles, it's a female OR a
male that's been neutered.

A vet can tell you if: a) It has a chip, and b) it's sex.

All humane societies will glad to scan for a chip for you as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

LdB wrote:

Stray cats survive - 40 deg. weather around here.

And where exactly is that? Alaska?

And that's bull**** too.

No mammals survive -40F temperatures unless they naturally hibernate.

Domestic short-haired cats have a tough time surviving -20f unless
they're in a shelter (a box or something) that can shield them from
wind.

Ears are frequently frostbitten and damaged first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wonder if the chip sets off the door thingies at Walmart?
That would be fun. I think taking it to Humane Society
sounds like the best idea yet.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

A vet can tell you if: a) It has a chip, and b) it's sex.

All humane societies will glad to scan for a chip for you as
well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Metspitzer wrote:

[...]

Craigslist has lost & found pets and you can attach a pic.

- Community section (vs For Sale section)
- Lost & Found

Popular for those who have lost or found an animal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote in
:

I have a cat that is a stray. I have been feeding it for a couple of
months. I would like to give it away, but have found no takers.

I dunno' about cats, but I do know how to get rid of a pet rock
though:

Put it in a burlap sack with a cat and throw it in a river.

-TES

I sit here with 3 that were strays and provide them with everything they
need.

I wouldn't give you their warm **** if it meant your survival.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 01:25:21 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

Home Guy wrote in :

Metspitzer wrote:

[...]

I will try Criagslist too.

Carroll County has an official web site for Carroll County and it does
have an animal control section, but no lost and found. I may have
luck on some of the other sites, but the county's web site would seem
like the logical place.

Thanks everyone

It would be pretty easy to make the site maintenance free. Ads could
expire after 45 days and you should be able to repost them as many
times as you like.

Maybe it is more fun to kill them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I can almost top that. We had a pack of pre-dead pit bulls roaming the
neighborhood. I caught one and called animal control, who promised they
would pick it up. That was March 17th. I have yet to see them.

They have TWO animal control vehicles for a city of four million people!
Often these trucks are prioritized to assist the police department when the
cops run into an out-of-control spider or somesuch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sit here with a sense of humor. Which I have, and you
desperately need.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

I dunno' about cats, but I do know how to get rid of a pet
rock
though:

Put it in a burlap sack with a cat and throw it in a
river.

-TES

I sit here with 3 that were strays and provide them with
everything they
need.

I wouldn't give you their warm **** if it meant your
survival.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

Put it in a burlap sack with a cat and throw it in a river.

I sit here with 3 that were strays and provide them with everything
they need.

I wouldn't give you their warm **** if it meant your survival.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Stormin Mormon top-poasted:

I sit here with a sense of humor. Which I have, and you
desperately need.

I didn't see a smiley face when Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote those
words.
Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

On 11/7/2011 1:11 PM, Home Guy wrote:
LdB wrote:

Stray cats survive - 40 deg. weather around here.

And where exactly is that? Alaska?

And that's bull**** too.

No mammals survive -40F temperatures unless they naturally hibernate.

Domestic short-haired cats have a tough time surviving -20f unless
they're in a shelter (a box or something) that can shield them from
wind.

I've got a stray cat that's been hanging around here for over five
years. It does not belong to anyone nor does it want to belong to
anyone. It will not let anyone come close to it. Friends have two that
are semi tame. They never come into the house.

I grew up in the country and have seen countless examples of dogs,
cats, all sorts of domestic and wild animals surviving the winter with
whatever shelter they can find.

Ever heard of something called a Wolf or a Coyote? Do you think they
spend the winter in Miami? They're all around here. I see them
occasionally but hear them howling all year. They are not
hibernating. There are likely more animals running around here all
winter than you have ever seen outside of a zoo or on TV.

I walk with my dogs for close to two hours a day, winter and summer. I
see animal tracks in the snow all over the place all through the
winter. Where do you think they come from?

Your right, animals won't survive long if they don't find shelter, but
they do.

Try pulling your head out of whatever it's stuck in and take a look
around. Life goes on and it has been going on for a long time before
you decided what the rules would be.

Bull****? Yup plenty of it.... From someone that doesn't have a
fricken clue.

The animals survive because they have the intelligence to do so . I
don't think you would last long.

Have you ever been more than a hundred feet from pavement? I rather
doubt it. If you ever do get out into the wild open your eyes.

The eye opener part also goes for maps. Try looking at one someday.
You may be surprised to see there is more on it than just USA.

LdB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:01:18 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

Red Green wrote:

Put it in a burlap sack with a cat and throw it in a river.

I sit here with 3 that were strays and provide them with everything
they need.

I wouldn't give you their warm **** if it meant your survival.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Stormin Mormon top-poasted:

I sit here with a sense of humor. Which I have, and you
desperately need.

I didn't see a smiley face when Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote those
words.

Red Green was being nicer than me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Red Green wrote:

Put it in a burlap sack with a cat and throw it in a river.

I sit here with 3 that were strays and provide them with everything
they need.

I wouldn't give you their warm **** if it meant your survival.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Stormin Mormon top-poasted:

I sit here with a sense of humor. Which I have, and you
desperately need.

I didn't see a smiley face when Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote those
words.

Precisely. Neither did I.