Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Atlantis washer quit

We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

My first thought, is with the unit unplugged, pull the
control box apart. Might have a broken power cord wire. Or,
bad plug. Do some checking with an ohm meter.

I fixed electic dryer that had "no power" and turns out to
be a broken wire where the cord comes into the dryer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank from Deeeetroit" wrote in
message
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just
quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. There is power at the
plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises,
nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank from Deeeetroit" wrote in message
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Start with the troubleshooting guide in the manual. First, be sure someone
did not make a simple error with the door switch or an overload reset, or
push the wrong knob. Check that the cord is still attached, then follow it
inside to any switches or controls

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 9:13*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Frank from Deeeetroit" wrote in ...

We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. *There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Start with the troubleshooting guide in the manual. *First, be sure someone
did not make a simple error with the door switch or an overload reset, or
push the wrong knob. *Check that the cord is still attached, then follow it
inside to any switches or controls

He can also likely find circuit diagrams that show the
various interlocks, fuse if any, etc by going to one of
the online appliance parts shops with the make/model.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged.

Lots of people compaining about Maytag Atlantis washers he

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo..._atlantis.html

But seems almost exclusively mechanical problems.

I can't find anything on the web talking about electrical problems, and
can't find anything close to your model number - even using a partial
model number MAV620.

But many hits for Maytag Atlantis talking about bad or failed bearings
and making loud noises during the spin cycle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 10:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged.

Lots of people compaining about Maytag Atlantis washers he

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo..._atlantis.html

But seems almost exclusively mechanical problems.

I can't find anything on the web talking about electrical problems, and
can't find anything close to your model number - even using a partial
model number MAV620.

But many hits for Maytag Atlantis talking about bad or failed bearings
and making loud noises during the spin cycle.

Even Maytag's website does not list the model MAV620CAWW, the do,
however, list a MAV6200 model washer. The owners manual does not
address my issue and their toll free number will only schedule a
repairman.

Found a schematic that lists a 10amp fuse in the circuit, if
equipped. Will pull the cover off when I get home and check things
out and reply.

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 8:11*am, Frank from Deeeetroit
wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. *There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

OK, with an OHM meter I checked the "open lid" switch and receive no
reading in the "open door" position from the "line" contact and the
other three contacts, neutral, machine and motor. When I depress the
button, I get a full scale reading when I put the meter on the "line"
contact and the "machine" contact, but nothing in the other positions.

Think it is the open lid switch?

Thanx

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. *There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

OK, with an OHM meter I checked the "open lid" switch and receive no
reading in the "open door" position from the "line" contact and the
other three contacts, neutral, machine and motor. *When I depress the
button, I get a full scale reading when I put the meter on the "line"
contact and the "machine" contact, but nothing in the other positions.

Think it is the open lid switch?

Thanx

Frank

You should get nothing when the lid is opened, that's what stops the
machine when you open the lid during the spin cycle.

I am guessing that this is one of the newer machines that doesn't have
a rotating knob and a real motor-driven timer, but rather some fancy
and expensive electronics that will require replacing an entire
circuit board for many$$$$.
Can you find a schematic for the machine on any of the insides of the
sidewall, front or back wall of the machine, and can you read
schenmatics if you find one?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank,

I found your schematic at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ by typing in
the model number.Look at diagram 8. It does appear that some of those
washers have a 10 amp fuse between the line and the lid switch.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My machine does have a rotating knob, but no in-line fuse, or circuit
board. There is a schematic diagram folded up inside the rear cover,
same schematic as what was found on line. Will take the open lid
switch to the local appliance parts store and see if that is the
issue.

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like you have the lid switch out of the machine, or
can do so. Seems like it ought to be possible to put ohm
meter on the switch, and push the button, see if the meter
needle swings.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank from Deeeetroit"
wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. *There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

A burned out lid switch was the issue with our washer. $37.00
replacement, 10 minutes time and the washer works like new. All power
going into the washer passes through the lid switch. If the washer
does nothing, check continunity through the line and neutral terminal
of the lid switch, if none, replace the switch.

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2011 5:21 AM, Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:11 am, Frank from
wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

A burned out lid switch was the issue with our washer. $37.00
replacement, 10 minutes time and the washer works like new. All power
going into the washer passes through the lid switch. If the washer
does nothing, check continunity through the line and neutral terminal
of the lid switch, if none, replace the switch.

Frank

or by pass with a couple butt connectors for a dime.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged. *There is power at the plug, when
turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.

Does this washer have a fuse?

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

A burned out lid switch was the issue with our washer. *$37.00
replacement, 10 minutes time and the washer works like new. *All power
going into the washer passes through the lid switch. *If the washer
does nothing, check continunity through the line and neutral terminal
of the lid switch, if none, replace the switch.

Frank

or by pass with a couple butt connectors for a dime.

--
Steve Barker

I agree Steve, but I have daughters who use the machine, if it was me
and my wife, I would use the butt connectors.

Thanx

Frank

Atlantis washer won't drain [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 7th 08 12:02 PM
Maytag Washer Nick Home Ownership 0 October 3rd 07 11:44 PM
Maytag Atlantis Dryer DEAD Lindsey Home Repair 12 June 5th 07 01:16 AM
Maytag Atlantis Dryer - DEAD Lindsey Home Ownership 0 June 2nd 07 04:42 AM
maytag washer T Home Repair 2 November 5th 06 01:45 PM