Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank from Deeeetroit Frank from Deeeetroit is offline

Default Maytag Atlantis washer quit

On Oct 5, 10:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:
We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit.
Acts as if the washer is unplugged.

Lots of people compaining about Maytag Atlantis washers he

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo..._atlantis.html

But seems almost exclusively mechanical problems.

I can't find anything on the web talking about electrical problems, and
can't find anything close to your model number - even using a partial
model number MAV620.

But many hits for Maytag Atlantis talking about bad or failed bearings
and making loud noises during the spin cycle.

Even Maytag's website does not list the model MAV620CAWW, the do,
however, list a MAV6200 model washer. The owners manual does not
address my issue and their toll free number will only schedule a
repairman.

Found a schematic that lists a 10amp fuse in the circuit, if
equipped. Will pull the cover off when I get home and check things
out and reply.

Frank