Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automatic Sliding Door Closers

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 7:14*pm, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

Is the door designed and intended to function with an automatic
closer ?

You aren't trying to fit a closing mechanism to a patio type
sliding door on a house or something ?

Look into Stanley door closers, they come in many sizes and
types...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 8:08*pm, Evan wrote:
On Sep 28, 7:14*pm, Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

Is the door designed and intended to function with an automatic
closer ?

You aren't trying to fit a closing mechanism to a patio type
sliding door on a house or something ?

Look into Stanley door closers, they come in many sizes and
types...

~~ Evan

The sliding glass door is about 30 yrs old and it is a patio type.

I have tried using 1. springs and 2. A pulley with a weight but had no
success.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 10:35*pm, Andy wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:08*pm, Evan wrote:

On Sep 28, 7:14*pm, Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer..

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

Is the door designed and intended to function with an automatic
closer ?

You aren't trying to fit a closing mechanism to a patio type
sliding door on a house or something ?

Look into Stanley door closers, they come in many sizes and
types...

~~ Evan

The sliding glass door is about 30 yrs old and it is a patio type.

I have tried using 1. springs and 2. A pulley with a weight but had no
success.

Andy- Hide quoted text -

A motor with a screw drive ina valance above the door????
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

The only one I ever heard of has been discontinued:

http://www.smarthome.com/3180R/Autom...00-R-ES/p.aspx

But there may still be some out there somewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

*I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible sliding patio doors:
http://www.planetmobility.com/store/...er/maitredoor/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 29, 7:13*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

*I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible sliding patio doors:http://www.planetmobility.com/store/...er/maitredoor/

That looks like exactly what the OP wanted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 29, 11:25*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 29, 7:13*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

*I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible sliding patio doors:http://www.planetmobility.com/store/...er/maitredoor/

That looks like exactly what the OP wanted.

Hmmm... $1995.00 starting price... Might be cheaper to hire someone to
close the door for you...
Posted to alt.home.repair

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rs-664544-.htm
Arxcis wrote:
See www.autoslidedoors.com

Larry Fishel wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:25=A0am, "hr(bob) "

wrote:
i On Sep 29, 7:13=A0am, "John Grabowski"
wrote:/i
i/i
i I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic
Sliding Door Closer./i
i/i
i Do you know of one that works and with which you have
used ?/i
i/i
i *I found this by doing a search for handicap accessible
sliding patio d=/i
oors:http://www.planetmobility.com/store/...er/maitredoor/
i/i
i That looks like exactly what the OP wanted./i

Hmmm... $1995.00 starting price... Might be cheaper to hire someone to
close the door for you...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:14:59 AM UTC+10, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

HI Andy I needed 4 for a pool regulation requirement. I found a supplier and they worked better than I thought so I acquired the Australian agency.
So go to www.slidingdoorclosers.com.au and look for your self.Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 30, 2011 4:57:06 PM UTC+10, Larry Fishel wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:25*am, "hr(bob) "

wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:22:34 PM UTC+10, Bob(but not THAT Bob) wrote:
Andy wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer.

Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ?

Thanks.

The only one I ever heard of has been discontinued:

http://www.smarthome.com/3180R/Autom...00-R-ES/p.aspx

But there may still be some out there somewhere.

Hi Bob go to www.slidingdoorclosers.com.au

Door Closers george [dicegeorge] UK diy 10 February 14th 11 08:33 PM
Concealed door closers Hamie UK diy 3 October 4th 05 09:00 PM
Door Closers Charles Bishop Home Repair 3 August 6th 05 03:33 PM
Door closers on every internal door - normal? markc UK diy 11 July 26th 05 04:21 PM