Posted to alt.home.repair

Default From OP: Re Mold Removal

Hello,

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Much appreciated.

if I go the Clorox route, how long should it stay on a painted surface prior
to rinsing it with water ?

!~5 minutes or so, or are we talking hours ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 25, 11:18*am, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Much appreciated.

if I go the Clorox route, how long should it stay on a painted surface prior
to rinsing it with water ?

!~5 minutes or so, or are we talking hours ?

Thanks,
Bob

If it diluted 1c chlorox to 4 c water, I would not leave it on for
more than 5 minutes. You should see the mold start to disappear
within a minute or so, based on my experience with my basement walls
where some mold grew because stuff was against the wall preventing any
air circulation. Just don't breath right next to the surface, the
chlorine will make you gasp and you don't want to repeat the world war
1 effects of poison gas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Much appreciated.

if I go the Clorox route, how long should it stay on a painted surface
prior
to rinsing it with water ?

!~5 minutes or so, or are we talking hours ?

Thanks,
Bob

Minutes. If you use a brush or sponge, most will come right off. Let sit a
few and rinse well.

Mold Removal ? Bob[_44_] Home Repair 5 October 21st 11 07:14 AM
Removal of mold and mildew in ceiling after water leak Kate Home Repair 3 February 11th 07 03:33 PM
Mold removal in basement - remove all the stains? Bas Pluim Home Repair 7 October 4th 06 09:55 PM
Mold Removal From House Latex Paint ? Robert11 Home Repair 5 March 13th 06 03:12 AM
Cleaning & Mold Removal contractors needed in Louisiana [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 03:47 AM