Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mold Removal ?

Hello,

Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I
would like to kill, and hopefully remove:

Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?

If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? How much ?
Why ?

Much thanks,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I
would like to kill, and hopefully remove:

Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?

If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? How much ?
Why ?

Much thanks,
Bob

I use bleach, well diluted, about cup to a few gallons of water gallon. I
have no idea if vinegar works.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:36:33 +0200, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I
would like to kill, and hopefully remove:

Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?

If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? How much ?
Why ?

Much thanks,
Bob

I use bleach, well diluted, about cup to a few gallons of water gallon. I
have no idea if vinegar works.

....or stronger (cup/gallon, or even more). I'd think vinegar would feed it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I
would like to kill, and hopefully remove:

Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?

If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? *How much ?
Why ?

Much thanks,
Bob

I use bleach, well diluted, about cup to a few gallons of water gallon. *I
have no idea if vinegar works.

...or stronger (cup/gallon, or even more). *I'd think vinegar would feed it.- Hide quoted text -

The stronger the better. If the door is not basic white, the Chlorox
may lighten it a little. Be careful the runoff does not damage
shrubs, grass, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 6:17*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 24, 4:10*pm, "

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I
would like to kill, and hopefully remove:

Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ?

If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit first ? *How much ?
Why ?

Much thanks,
Bob

I use bleach, well diluted, about cup to a few gallons of water gallon.. *I
have no idea if vinegar works.

...or stronger (cup/gallon, or even more). *I'd think vinegar would feed it.- Hide quoted text -

The stronger the better. *If the door is not basic white, the Chlorox
may lighten it a little. *Be careful the runoff does not damage
shrubs, grass, etc.- Hide quoted text -

A powerwasher is usually the best tool for
this job. That's what I use with plain water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

GO to the store and look at the bottles for Bleach, Bath Mildew Removal and
Surface Cleaner with Bleach. Basically the difference between the three is
the dilution of the hypochlorite, which is based on how likely the bleach is
to damage what it touches undiluted. Comapre the % hypochlorite on those
three products to decide your own dilution.

Mold is mostly a problem if you breathe the spores (seeds, really)
they inevitably spout. Mold forms if something is wet more than 24-48 hrs.
(THese two factoids come from the EPA web site).

A science mag (I think sciencenews.org) had a really freaky picture a year
ago: a mold growing out of the head of a dead ant. The article discussed how
the ant clenched the plant (apparently as a result of the mold poisons) as it
died which allowed the mold to grow on to the plant, but that if the ant
dropped of the plant when it died, it would have not allowed the mold to get
up the plant.

You have to realise that the first life form to grow on a fresh volcanic
Island is usually mold, which begins to make the island hospitable for higher
life forms.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm