Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Turn the TV off......

For two goddamn days now, all they have had on TV is old news and
coverage from the 9/11 terrorist/world trade center collapse. Yea, I
know it's the anniversary, but do we really need to keep seeing this
over and over and over? It's getting real sickening...... I even
changed the channel to PBS, thinking they would have something
else..... WRONG..... More 9/11 ****.......

****** TV IS NOW OFF ******

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 5:09*am, wrote:
For two goddamn days now, all they have had on TV is old news and
coverage from the 9/11 terrorist/world trade center collapse. *Yea, I
know it's the anniversary, but do we really need to keep seeing this
over and over and over? *It's getting real sickening...... *I even
changed the channel to PBS, thinking they would have something
else..... WRONG..... More 9/11 ****.......

****** TV IS NOW OFF ******

You may get with drawal symptoms.
Lots of cover over here too. (UK)
Hypocrisy.
What about the millions of innocent people America has killed over the
last fifty years?
I have very little sympathy. You are responsible for the government
you voted in. 11-9 was a consequense of past US government policy.
I hope Americans have got the message.
It's not nice getting your cities bombed.
Many times more people got killed in Bush's subsequent wars.
And they have not been won or fixed the problem, they have made things
worse.
Still, what do you expect when you elect a retard as president?
Incredibly, there is an even bigger retard in the pipeline in the
shape of the Palin object.

In fact, the terrorists won, America has been brought to it's knees in
part due to the cost of the wars and security.

Folly Folly Folly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 2:35*am, harry wrote:

[...]

Hating our government doesn't mean you need to show us (the people)
disrespect. That is within yourself and I'm thankful for most of your
country's folk who are our friends.
You say you come here for visits and have friends here...why do you
find it necessary to be so vile here?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 12:47*pm, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:35*am, harry wrote:

[...]

find it necessary to be so vile here?- Hide quoted text -

I am not being vile.
But all the spouting hypocrisy I see at the ground zero site makes one
sick. Your own government is responsible for 9-11.
No-one else. But you voted them in.
You need to pay attention to what your gov.gets up to in foriegn
places.
It DOES matter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2011 7:47 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:35 am, wrote:

[...]

Some folks live in their own self imposed and hateful world. They get up
every morning knowing that their twisted views trump those of 100's of
million of normal people. Hard to imagine that anyone can be an alqueida
sympathizer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 2:35 am, *wrote:

[...]

sympathizer.- Hide quoted text -

I don't sympathise with them at all. But I can see why it all
happened. But you and other Americans are too stupid too see that
what goes around comes around.
America has completely f****d upthe middle east to the detrimentof
the world.

Americans live in Lalaland. They don't give a toss about the rest of
the world.They think they can just pillage it at will and with
impunity.
Well you have had a messge.

You can't.

Are you receiving?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 2:35 am, wrote:

[...]

As I said, there are some people who live in their own self imposed and
hateful world who know their views trump those of normal people. Have
someone read what you write to you. Maybe it will sink in?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 7:47*am, Bob_Villa wrote:

Hating our government doesn't mean you need to show us (the people)
disrespect. *That is within yourself and I'm thankful for most of your
country's folk who are our friends.
You say you come here for visits and have friends here...why do you
find it necessary to be so vile here?

He's a solitary ass braying in a field. Once in a while he's fun to
poke with a stick, but in general a Hee Haw adequately covers the
importance of his words.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...72024410bad43d

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

You may get with drawal symptoms.
Lots of cover over here too. (UK)
Hypocrisy.
What about the millions of innocent people America has killed over the
last fifty years?

Most were in occupied Europe and Japan.

I have very little sympathy. You are responsible for the government
you voted in. 11-9 was a consequense of past US government policy.
I hope Americans have got the message.

Heh! You say we are responsible for the mayhem visited upon us because of
the governments we supported or tolerated yet the "civilians" killed in
Afraq were innocent victims.

In fact, the terrorists won, America has been brought to it's knees in
part due to the cost of the wars and security.

Consider what we did to Sadaam: We invaded his country, evicted him from his
homes, exiled his family, confiscated his fortune, killed his children,
imprisoned his friends, and ultimately got his skanky ass hanged.

Such fate awaits all those who mess with normal folk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Consider what we did to Sadaam:

You gave him arms and chemical weapons so he could fight your war
against Iran.

Donald Rumsfeld personally gave those things to Saddam with a smile and
a photographed handshake.

Then you illegally invaded his country for the sole purpose of
assassinating him and his sons.

He complied with UN resolutions compelling him to provide "non-evidence"
of WMD's by giving you a room full of documents and CD's and in the end
you found no WMD's.

The Iraq war was no war. It was a political assassination dressed up to
look like a war.

And with him gone, with the blood of thousands of US servicemen spilled
in vain, thousands more maimed with missing limbs - where did all that
get you?

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. What did you get for
spending that treasure?

You destabilized Iraq and pushed it into the hands of Iranian-controlled
islamofascists.

And it also got you $100 oil which played a large role in killing your
economy.

Such fate awaits all those who mess with normal folk.

God help us from the folly that is US foreign policy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2011 8:02 AM, Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Consider what we did to Sadaam:

You gave him arms and chemical weapons so he could fight your war
against Iran.

Donald Rumsfeld personally gave those things to Saddam with a smile and
a photographed handshake.

Then you illegally invaded his country for the sole purpose of
assassinating him and his sons.

He complied with UN resolutions compelling him to provide "non-evidence"
of WMD's by giving you a room full of documents and CD's and in the end
you found no WMD's.

The Iraq war was no war. It was a political assassination dressed up to
look like a war.

I agree and it was a damn poor costume.

And with him gone, with the blood of thousands of US servicemen spilled
in vain, thousands more maimed with missing limbs - where did all that
get you?

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. What did you get for
spending that treasure?

You destabilized Iraq and pushed it into the hands of Iranian-controlled
islamofascists.

And it also got you $100 oil which played a large role in killing your
economy.

Such fate awaits all those who mess with normal folk.

God help us from the folly that is US foreign policy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Consider what we did to Sadaam:

You gave him arms and chemical weapons so he could fight your war
against Iran.

Donald Rumsfeld personally gave those things to Saddam with a smile
and a photographed handshake.

Then you illegally invaded his country for the sole purpose of
assassinating him and his sons.

Uh, yeah, but I wouldn't call it the SOLE purpose. Killing some of his
accomplices factored into the equation.

He complied with UN resolutions compelling him to provide
"non-evidence" of WMD's by giving you a room full of documents and
CD's and in the end you found no WMD's.

The Iraq war was no war. It was a political assassination dressed up
to look like a war.

And? You say that like you think there's something wrong with it.

And with him gone, with the blood of thousands of US servicemen
spilled in vain, thousands more maimed with missing limbs - where did
all that get you?

Again, you say that like you think it was a bad thing. All our service
members are volunteers. They joined up knowing the risk of death or
disability, much like a mountain climber or a race car driver. They wanted
the opportunity to kill people and blow things up. To them, the possible
rewards outweighed the risks.

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. What did you get for
spending that treasure?

Aside from satisfaction? Lots of things: 30 million people freed from
totalitarianism, more oil (eventually) on the world's market, a HUGE base in
the Middle East from which to launch future wars of liberation,
yadda-yadda-yadda.

And it also got you $100 oil which played a large role in killing your
economy.

Just think what the price of oil would be had we not intervened !

Such fate awaits all those who mess with normal folk.

God help us from the folly that is US foreign policy.

No one else is powerful enough and I have my doubts about God.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote

Again, you say that like you think it was a bad thing. All our service
members are volunteers. They joined up knowing the risk of death or
disability, much like a mountain climber or a race car driver. They wanted
the opportunity to kill people and blow things up. To them, the possible
rewards outweighed the risks.

Do you actually *know* any servicemen or women? My wife joined the Army in
1980 and she certainly didn't join to kill people and blow things up. The
reality is that her civil affairs unit *specializes* in rebuilding blown
apart countries (from tidal waves to wars) to help them back on the path
towards civilization.

I think you would be surprised to learn how very few of the hundreds of
thousands of volunteers in our military are the "kill and blow up" types.
In the Army the special operators are considered the "tip of the spear."
They get where they need to be and have what it takes to do the job because
of average Joes and Janes in combat support missions. I hate to burst your
pulp-fiction bubble, but they are not "born killers" but mostly young people
looking for steady employment or a way to pay for college, like my wife did
in 1980.

The "kill and blow up" folks do exist, but they are mostly special operators
who not only *want* to be in the thick of it, they've proved through the
most rigorous training on earth that they have a *right* and the will to be
there. The reality is that they are very, very few in number,
percentage-wise. I am thankful for both kinds of soldiers but for you to
keep lumping the two of them together is beyond ludicrous as I hope most
people with relatives in the military will tell you.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Consider what we did to Sadaam:

You gave him arms and chemical weapons so he could fight your war
against Iran.

You said nothing about that, so you must agree with it.

And with him gone, with the blood of thousands of US servicemen
spilled in vain, thousands more maimed with missing limbs -
where did all that get you?

Again, you say that like you think it was a bad thing.

When your own servicemen are used as cannon fodder, that only weakens
your country's ability to fight a real war of self-protection.

Of course it's a bad thing to weaken and debilitate your own military
for reasons as trivial and inconsequential and counter-productive to
your national interest as you did in Iraq.

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. What did you get for
spending that treasure?

Aside from satisfaction?

Who's satisfaction?

Lots of things: 30 million people freed from totalitarianism

Oh puleeze. How many americans have really brainwashed themselves and
their conscience into thinking that they've done some good in Iraq by
"liberating" those people?

The only think you've done is get more of them killed by the 10's of
thousands and ruined their lives and their infrastructure.

Just ask the handful of christian Iraqi's that are are still alive if
they think they're better off now.

more oil (eventually) on the world's market

Your Iraqi fiasco has delayed Iraq's oil production for at least a
decade. It was bad enough that you helped Iraq ruin it's own oil
infrastructure as you forced it to keep fighting your decade-long war
against Iran in the 1980's, and then you foisted a farce of a UN embargo
on it and in spite of that it was recovering nicely, ready to sell oil
to the rest of the world when the trade sanctions were set to end.

a HUGE base in the Middle East from which to launch future

future illegal escapades of inept and schizophrenic foreign policy

And it also got you $100 oil which played a large role in
killing your economy.

Just think what the price of oil would be had we not intervened!

What a maroon you are.

Just look at any oil-price chart and see how oil went up from $30
immediately after you illegally invaded Iraq. Your inept and insane
foreign policy, driven by your military-oil-industrial-complex and Dick
Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the neocons, had the exact effect THEY wanted, at
the expense of prosperity and domestic liberty for the average US
citizen.

God help us from the folly that is US foreign policy.

No one else is powerful enough and I have my doubts about God.

The motto of the USA:

With great power comes great ****ups.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message news:Ld2dnfnOjq-

Iraq cost you close to $1 trillion dollars. What did you get for
spending that treasure?

Aside from satisfaction?

Do you get much satisfaction at having to withdraw from AfRaq after 10 years
of war with very little to show for it? I don't because I know it's one of
the reasons we're deep in debt and will be for a very long time. I think
having to pull out after 10 years with the enemy still quite active in Kabul
and Baghdad just makes us look we. When the magic war fairy shows up to
pick up the tab I'll be somewhat satisfied, but basically, we mortgaged
ourselves up to our eyeballs going after a country that had very little, if
anything, to do with 9/11. Those terrorists were almost to a man Saudi
Arabian, one of our "dearest" allies.

Lots of things: 30 million people freed from totalitarianism

Name two. We will have spent a trillion dollars bringing "democracy" to a
country that is basically all of the same religion that visited 9/11 upon
us. Does that make you a Muslim-lover, HeyBub? (-: I can think of a lot
people in *this* country that could have used the money better.

Libya, Egypt, Yemen and who knows what other countries have proved that when
the time is right, the people can bring about a revolution with very low
cost to us. And please, don't trot out that tired refrain "we showed them
the way." We were the ones who left our "good friends" the Kurds to get
gassed by Saddam after GW1. If anything, it was Wikileaks who showed them
how little their own leaders thought of them. Ironic we're trying to nail
the guy who showed us how to "regime change" on the cheap.

more oil (eventually) on the world's market

Seems to me that we mostly *stopped* production for a good number of years.
So that's two things we allegedly gained from the war. The first one
ostensibly mostly benefited Muslims living in Iraq and not us. The second
seems to have benefited the Chinese more that us because that's where Iraq
is now selling its oil:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37577656...fits-iraq-war/

From among the most outspoken of critics of the 2003 U.S.-led invasion to
topple Saddam Hussein, China has emerged as one of the biggest economic
beneficiaries of the war, snagging five lucrative deals.

But I guess in your world causing oil production to basically halt in Iraq
for a number of years and with future production promised to the Chinese is
a *good* thing. We pay for the war and they walk off with the prize.

Don't take my word for it:

Production plummeted to roughly 900,000 barrels per day in the early 1980s
amid the instability caused by the Iran-Iraq war. And after production
peaked at 3 million barrels per day in the late 1980s, the first Gulf War
sent output below 300,000 barrels per day in 1991. The second Gulf War
disrupted the uptick in Iraqi oil production that occurred in the 1990s.
Today, Iraqi oil production is just returning to the depressed levels that
prevailed just before the war.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1938...ction-increase

So, yes, if you're delusional, we really, really helped. (-:

a HUGE base in the Middle East from which to launch future wars of

liberation,
yadda-yadda-yadda.

You mean future wars leading us to bankruptcy, shedding *more* American
blood for Muslims, many of whom wouldn't cross the street to **** on us if
we were on fire.

We went from "lots" of reasons to a piddling few that turned out not to be
true. Got any *real* payback from our investment in AfRaq? It seems the
big "gift" will be having to cut back our military because of the economic
mess the wars left us in. With friends like that . . .

And it also got you $100 oil which played a large role in killing your
economy.

Just think what the price of oil would be had we not intervened !

Much lower. We depressed Iraqi output substantially.

http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploa...production.png

Pundits expect it to drop again when we leave and the various sects start
blowing each other up along with the oil wells.

Such fate awaits all those who mess with normal folk.

God help us from the folly that is US foreign policy.

Hey, Homeguy, you're Canadian, right? Stop complaining, we have to live
here. You're poised to be the next United States when global warming makes
all those frozen northern areas habitable and Texas into an inferno. I'll
be moving to Toronto if the 2012 elections put a real wackadoo in office.

No one else is powerful enough and I have my doubts about God.

It's an awfully big world and even the US could go completely bankrupt
trying to be the both the world's police and Muslim regime repairman.
History has shown us that Muslim sects are more than happy to exterminate
each other. Let's let them.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 1:08*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

But you have not won. The moment you leave, the islaamonuts will take
over.
You cant defeat an idea with guns.

These guys struck at the heart of America ($5T) strike. They have
pushed their cause to the front of world agenda. All it took was 25
men and a few weapons to defeat the might of America and push it into
bankrupsy.
They struck at the very heart of it's military machine.
They only just failed to assasinate the president.
They revealed to the world the incompetant oafs that run the military
and the country.
But the the most amazing thing of all is that Americans seem to have
learnt nothing from the experience.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 2:35*am, harry wrote:
On Sep 12, 5:09*am, wrote:

[...]

I like to think in an "enlightened" society like the UK that the
islamic immigrants there are just as much an Englishman as you are.
Or is the UK "keeping them in check" in housing and social status?
What affirmative action programs has the UK done for your substantial
Islamic community of equally British citizens? You also failed to
mention that UK is still our biggest ally and contributes greatly to
this war on terror.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 11, 11:09*pm, wrote:
For two goddamn days now, all they have had on TV is old news and
coverage from the 9/11 terrorist/world trade center collapse. *Yea, I
know it's the anniversary, but do we really need to keep seeing this
over and over and over? *It's getting real sickening...... *I even
changed the channel to PBS, thinking they would have something
else..... WRONG..... More 9/11 ****.......

****** TV IS NOW OFF ******

I dont mind the coverage so much as the censorship of the coverage.
They needed to show the people jumping off the buildings and
splattering. The coverage was sterilized to the point that anyone
watching it for the first time would think it was no big deal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 12, 9:40*pm, RickH wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:09*pm, wrote:

For two goddamn days now, all they have had on TV is old news and
coverage from the 9/11 terrorist/world trade center collapse. *Yea, I
know it's the anniversary, but do we really need to keep seeing this
over and over and over? *It's getting real sickening...... *I even
changed the channel to PBS, thinking they would have something
else..... WRONG..... More 9/11 ****.......

****** TV IS NOW OFF ******

I dont mind the coverage so much as the censorship of the coverage.
They needed to show the people jumping off the buildings and
splattering. *The coverage was sterilized to the point that anyone
watching it for the first time would think it was no big deal.

Compared with what you lot did in say Vietnam or Nicaragua it wasn't.
Or even the two million indians you killed.
But you don't hear them whineing about it. But they have not
forgotten.

For once, on the rceiving end.
How do you like it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:15:07 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Or even the two million indians you killed.

You spit this out all the time without giving a source. The same old
song and dance from you harry. In fact, you don't know how many
Indians the British or the French killed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Or even the two million indians you killed.

You spit this out all the time without giving a source. The same old
song and dance from you harry. In fact, you don't know how many
Indians the British or the French killed.

How about the number of Indians (the other ones) the British killed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Or even the *two million indians you killed.

You spit this out all the time without giving a source. The same old
song and dance from you harry. In fact, you don't know how many
Indians the British or the French killed.

How about the number of Indians (the other ones) the British killed.

There was no such place as India. We created it.

How is it that the real culpritsof 9-11 were allowed to go free, ie
the Saudis?

Answer, they were already in your pocket. Iraq was all about oil.
Nothing about freedom or democracy.

http://hnn.us/articles/7302.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Earl wrote:

(...)

Well, that's just it.

Earl didn't seem to write anything.

What's up Earl?

Full turn v 3/4 turn taps mo UK diy 9 November 3rd 08 02:52 AM
GE 32" won't turn on. heard 3 beeps then clicking as if trying to turn on Pat Electronics Repair 1 September 8th 06 11:28 PM
Sony Model KV-32XBR48 slow turn on and flashing video for short period at turn on Ron Novini Electronics Repair 4 September 20th 03 12:10 AM