Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default GE 32" won't turn on. heard 3 beeps then clicking as if trying to turn on

Hello......TV gave me 2 or 3 beeps then nothing. Clicking is only thing
heard when attempting to turn it on. It sounds like the tv is about to
click on but it just keeps clicking. I tried unplugging for a while
with no results.

Model# 32GT740E252CP061

Service # 32GT740YX71

Chassis # CTC203CA12

Manufactured June 2004

Thanks for any info.. PT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Pat:
If you have any television repair experience or knowledge, a small soldering
iron and good DMM or VOM and and can make proper tests then you might have a
chance of fixing this. Look for and replace a possibly faulty HOT and misc
falulty PS components ... semiconductors, resitors and electroytics..... and
then remove, scrape off the glue and insulation from the leads and resolder
the inductor going to the HOT Base.....
There is lots of info on the web.... punch in CTC203 and let google do it's
thing.
Also go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There with some searching you will find a weath of related repair and
troubleshooting information along with very important SAFETY information
that will help keep you from getting a nasty jolt or even worse.... read it.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

oups.com...