Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - California Power Outages 2000/2001

Stormy's Post prompted me to post this.

Recently saw a documentary on TV titled:

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Good piece of it was how blatant Enron people bought stock/options,
purposely shut Calif power down to spike power prices then sold to make
millions. I mean they has audio of the people laughing as they shut stuff
off. Conversations to the effect of caller: How about shutting down xxxxxx
with call recipient responding: Oh yea sure, no problem.

An eye opener for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's very possible. I had thought it was the
environmentalists and the attorney types who were (are)
responsible.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message
Stormy's Post prompted me to post this.

Recently saw a documentary on TV titled:

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Good piece of it was how blatant Enron people bought
stock/options,
purposely shut Calif power down to spike power prices then
sold to make
millions. I mean they has audio of the people laughing as
they shut stuff
off. Conversations to the effect of caller: How about
shutting down xxxxxx
with call recipient responding: Oh yea sure, no problem.

An eye opener for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Red Green" wrote in message

Stormy's Post prompted me to post this.

Recently saw a documentary on TV titled:

* * * * Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Good piece of it was how blatant Enron people bought
stock/options,
purposely shut Calif power down to spike power prices then
sold to make
millions. I mean they has audio of the people laughing as
they shut stuff
off. Conversations to the effect of caller: How about
shutting down xxxxxx
with call recipient responding: Oh yea sure, no problem.

An eye opener for me.

On Sep 9, 7:23*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
That's very possible. I had thought it was the
environmentalists and the attorney types who were (are)
responsible.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org

It's not "very possible" .... it is exactly what happened.

They manipulated the power market by restricting production and then
took advantage of the "price spikes".

They were crooks. A lot got exactly what they deserved ......long
prison sentences & loss of personal wealth.

Unfortunately, there was a lot of collateral damage.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j4d7kv
:

That's very possible. I had thought it was the
environmentalists and the attorney types who were (are)
responsible.

Check your listings if you have cable.

It's been running on Comcast cable a lot recently. Next one is:

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Sunday, September 18

Fascinating, revealing and potent chronicle of the rise and fall of the
Houston-based energy giant, told via interviews, news reports...

Channels: 053 CNBC, 792 CNBCH
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry, don't watch TV. But perhaps, others will watch and
learn.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in news:j4d7kv
:

That's very possible. I had thought it was the
environmentalists and the attorney types who were (are)
responsible.

Check your listings if you have cable.

It's been running on Comcast cable a lot recently. Next one
is:

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Sunday, September 18

Fascinating, revealing and potent chronicle of the rise and
fall of the
Houston-based energy giant, told via interviews, news
reports...

Channels: 053 CNBC, 792 CNBCH

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/9/2011 12:38 PM, Red Green wrote:

Check your listings if you have cable.

It's been running on Comcast cable a lot recently. Next one is:

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Sunday, September 18

Fascinating, revealing and potent chronicle of the rise and fall of the
Houston-based energy giant, told via interviews, news reports...

Channels: 053 CNBC, 792 CNBCH

It's on Comcast OnDemand as well.