Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best glue for bonding plastic to plastic?

wrote the following:
Hi,

Our daughter has this little doll wheel chair that the leg broke off
of. The leg has a wheel and it is a pretty big piece that broke off
but it fits very tightly when I put it together where it broke off and
there are actually 2 pieces that broke off and join together and I
think it would glue together nicely because the pieces are at right
angles and I would be gluing two pieces together, not one.

The pieces are round and about 1/4 inch in diameter. They just
snapped off but they fit together perfectly when I put it together.
Just needs a good glue to hold it in place. I guess I would have to
sit there and hold it in place for a while, or figure out a way to use
a rubber band or something to hold it together while the glue dried.

It's an expensive little accessory which is why I'm not just going out
and buying a new one.

I was reading on this page:

http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/glueplas1.htm

And it mentions 5 different types of glues for gluing plastic
together.

Tensol Cement, Contact adhesive, Epoxy, Super Glue, or A glue gun.

I've never had much luck using Super Glue so I would lean towards one
of the other glues. I think a glue gun might be the same as epoxy,
but now really sure about that.

Contact adhesive seems like a good choice based on what I read but I
have no experience using it.

I would appreciate any suggestions for the best glue for my job.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...plastic+welder

--