Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FEMA releases new disaster measurement scale

08:15 am
September 1, 2011
€ Twitter (14)
€ Facebook (258)
€ E-mail
€ Share
€ Print
€ Comments (23)
€ Recommend (15)
*
by MARK MEMMOTT

If the lights are still out, that's bad news.
One staple of economics and business reporting is the "odd indicator"
story.
Having done a few in our time, we know a good one when we see it.
This morning, The Wall Street Journal offers a look at the "Waffle House
Index," which is part economic indicator, part hurricane gauge.
As Craig Fuguate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management
Agency explains to the Journal, if you get to a town after a disaster
and the Waffle House is closed: "That's really bad. That's where you go
to work."
"The Waffle House," according to the Journal, "spends almost nothing
on advertising, [and] has built a marketing strategy around the goodwill
gained from being open when customers are most desperate."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...w-bad-was-the-
disaster-check-the-waffle-house-index?ft=1&f=1001

Fletchersite Releases New Site: Must See! No Name Electronics Repair 0 September 24th 08 04:15 AM
FEMA TRAILERS No Name Home Repair 8 February 3rd 08 09:30 PM
Discover The Secrets To Generating Traffic With Online News Releases [email protected] UK diy 0 January 4th 08 03:34 PM
Electronics Line USA releases Infinite: A Wireless Security Alarm Panel for the Future Electronics Line USA Press UK diy 0 September 4th 07 09:34 PM
FEMA JerryL Home Repair 41 February 8th 06 01:04 PM