Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless vs Tank water heater. Whats will last longer? I already havea high powered solar water heater.

Does anyone have any knowledge about what is better, Tankless or Tank
water heater?

Whats will last longer?

Middle of the line Tankless water heater has 5 year parts and 1 labor
warranty cost about $1000.
http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Wa...atalogId=10053

50 gal Tank water heater has 12 years parts and labor and cost $640.
http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Wa...atalogId=10053

I am replacing a 50 gal tank water heater.

I already have solar panel that are rated to heat the water by 60'F
and then store it in a 50 gallon tank. This tank(solar heated water)
is then connected to the gas tank water heater.