Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
bob bob is offline

Default Does air compressor make good tire inflator?

I have an electric tire inflator that looks similar to this (perhaps an
older model):

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...2875116000.jpg

I don't like the tire chuck -- I have to flip a lever to compress the
rubber washer to seal around the valve stem. This lever is hard to
operate and the seal often leaks. The pressure gauge is way off.
To make it worse, I have a scooter with hard to reach valve stem.

I'm thinking of getting a compressor with a tire chuck. I believe this
is more like the ones at gas station which I like -- you push the tire
chuck onto the valve stem with one hand, press a "trigger" with the
other hand and the air starts pumping. Release the trigger and a
built-in gauge shows the pressure fairly accurately.

Would a small compressor like this work?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...block Type=G9

I'll probably buy a tire chuck like this as well:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...lo ckType=G21

I never owned or used a compressor, so I'd like to hear others' opinions.