Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Repair and Maintainance!!

Hi Guys,

I am staying in Toronto and want to get my Garage Door Repaired and
Maintained. The problem is I have got it repaired 5 times already and now
the door stops half way down. I am really fed up of it. I have consulted
few
companies like Garage Doors Toronto - promaster.ca and they told me to get
it replaced. Have anyone used their services before, is it worth the
investment..

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

Garagedoorstoronto wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am staying in Toronto and want to get my Garage Door Repaired and
Maintained. The problem is I have got it repaired 5 times already and
now the door stops half way down. I am really fed up of it. I have
consulted few
companies like Garage Doors Toronto - promaster.ca and they told me
to get it replaced. Have anyone used their services before, is it
worth the investment..

-------------------------------------

This is a DIY newsgroup and, in general, provides advice for self repair.

In your case, there is probably a screw adjustment on the side of the motor
box governing downward travel.

Turn the screw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2011 8:08 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Garagedoorstoronto wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am staying in Toronto and want to get my Garage Door Repaired and
Maintained. The problem is I have got it repaired 5 times already and
now the door stops half way down. I am really fed up of it. I have
consulted few
companies like Garage Doors Toronto - promaster.ca and they told me
to get it replaced. Have anyone used their services before, is it
worth the investment..

-------------------------------------

This is a DIY newsgroup and, in general, provides advice for self repair.

In your case, there is probably a screw adjustment on the side of the motor
box governing downward travel.

Turn the screw.

Replacement often comes after DIY. I know I nookied around with my old
wooden door for years and finally replaced with a steel one. Glad I did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Garagedoorstoronto wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am staying in Toronto and want to get my Garage Door Repaired and
Maintained. The problem is I have got it repaired 5 times already and
now the door stops half way down. I am really fed up of it. I have
consulted few
companies like Garage Doors Toronto - promaster.ca and they told me
to get it replaced. Have anyone used their services before, is it
worth the investment..

-------------------------------------

This is a DIY newsgroup and, in general, provides advice for self repair.

In your case, there is probably a screw adjustment on the side of the motor
box governing downward travel.

Turn the screw.

Replacement often comes after DIY. I know I nookied around with my old
wooden door for years and finally replaced with a steel one. Glad I did.

Do it yourself?
I'm pondering that.
Might save a grand.
I've adjusted torsion springs and replaced hardware on them.
But I kinda like the idea of hiring a pro crew who will get it right
the first time, bring the new door and haul away the old wood door.
It's a PITA getting rid of old stuff around here.
I'd probably have to cut it into 4' pieces, bundle it, etc.
Any thoughts?

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

Garagedoorstoronto wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am staying in Toronto and want to get my Garage Door Repaired and
Maintained. The problem is I have got it repaired 5 times already and
now the door stops half way down. I am really fed up of it. I have
consulted few
companies like Garage Doors Toronto - promaster.ca and they told me
to get it replaced. Have anyone used their services before, is it
worth the investment..

-------------------------------------

This is a DIY newsgroup and, in general, provides advice for self repair.

In your case, there is probably a screw adjustment on the side of the motor
box governing downward travel.

Turn the screw.

Lighten up, HB- it is also where we tell people that when they are in
over their head, there is no dishonor in hiring a pro, and (politely and
quietly) watching and learning. And for a newbie, they can actually hurt
themselves with a garage door. I hired my overhead door work out,
mainly because I didn't want to get all greasy, and I don't have access
to a helper to hold the other end of things. Yeah, I probably could have
done it myself, but at my age, and with adequate current cashflow, I
pick and choose what I care to work on.

And for OP's question- assuming they own the house, a well-working
garage door is worth the investment at resale. It may not add to dollar
total, but if it is broken or fussy, the odds of anyone making an offer
are much lower. For anyone coming from a park-outside apartment, or a
house with a manual or problematic door, one that opens smooth and quiet
sticks in their mind.

-- aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Garagedoorstoronto wrote:
[...]

Three solutions that have been known to work:
1. Put it out for heavy trash pickup
2. Take it to the heavy trash and recycling station
3. Leave it in a schoolyard during the dark of the moon (next about August
27th)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:40:18 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Do it yourself?
I'm pondering that.
Might save a gran

http://www.martindoor.com/

The box stores now carry this brand.

I bought this door. Never pulled a tool. I've seen many Martin doors
installed.

I'm sold!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Like a lot of things, if you install it yourself you will probably
know how to fix it when it breaks and adjust it when it needs adjusting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article s.com,
I'm a ****ing spammer wrote:

Hi Guys,

Shame on everyone in this newsgroup who failed to recognize this
blatantly obvious shill post.

Repair damaged garage door [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 8th 09 11:43 AM
Garage door repair Timfy UK diy 2 November 28th 07 04:00 PM
Garage Door Repair? Celeste548 Home Repair 2 August 30th 06 03:32 AM
Garage Door repair [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 7th 05 10:34 PM
Garage door repair s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 6 March 31st 05 12:17 PM