Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hamilton Beach Blender -jammed switches

On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s
Posted to alt.home.repair

As old as that is, might be slotted screws. I do believe you
have the right idea, the case unscrews through the four
"foot" holes.

After case is apart, try soaking the switch with WD-40. I
knew an old TV repair guy who swears by the stuff for TV
tuner cleaning. Of course, everyone knows WD is a lubricant,
primarily.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dave_s" wrote in message
On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 1, 7:25*pm, Dave_s wrote:
On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s

Pretty common to hide the screws under the rubber feet. A shot of
contact cleaner/ lubricant will often free up the switches. Follow up
with some electrical contact grease. I used to use some called "Green
Stuff" dont know if its still around or not. I bought a 1/2 pint can
of it back in the '70s....didnt know it was going to be a lifetime
supply.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2011 10:38 AM, JIMMIE wrote:
On Aug 1, 7:25 pm, wrote:
On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s

Pretty common to hide the screws under the rubber feet.

A shot of
contact cleaner/ lubricant will often free up the switches.

Jimmy,
Can you clarify my questions about your very good suggestion?

The case is still closed. I cannot part the case to get internal access
to the push button switches. Sounds like you are suggesting I apply the
grease or WD40 or thin lubricant onto the exposed external switch
buttons and let liquid run into insides through the gap between button
and sheet metal.

Applied hot water (no soap) onto the switch buttons. This did free a
few of the buttons a bit.

By working the actual white buttons, pulling each button up, all buttons
up, the buttons can then be moved a quite bit more. The buttons behave
like they are internally sticky and prefer to stay in down position. I
push one down and it pops up nearby down button but it stays down and
must be wiggled while trying to pop it up by pushing down a nearby button.

Follow up
with some electrical contact grease.

Not sure how to get that " electrical contact grease "
into the internal switches when case is closed. Apply to external buttons?

Jimmie

Many thanks, Dave_S
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
On Aug 1, 7:25 pm, Dave_s wrote:
On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s

Pretty common to hide the screws under the rubber feet. A shot of
contact cleaner/ lubricant will often free up the switches. Follow up
with some electrical contact grease. I used to use some called "Green
Stuff" dont know if its still around or not. I bought a 1/2 pint can
of it back in the '70s....didnt know it was going to be a lifetime
supply.

Just be careful of the type of contact cleaner. Some of it will melt the
plastic and totally ruin the switches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 1, 6:25*pm, Dave_s wrote:
On FLICKR web site the pictures of my blender can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749088...ted=5777385870

Thanks for any help.

Dave_s

There ae 4 fasteners right around the motor, I would start with
loosening those 4 screws.