Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default I have a very old 40 year old Thermadore Double Oven.. I am trying tochange the oven cables but need help

Hi I have a very old 40 year old double oven Thermadore-- works
great... BUT the cables that are hooked up to the door which allow you
to open and close the door have snapped. I have found parts but am
wondering how to install these.. I know how to remove the door but how
does one gain access to the area where you put these cables? There is
very a narrow opening but can someone shed some light on how to do
this? Thanks
model number is MSC 228 Thermodore double oven- Bosch bought the
company and they do not have any old parts for the ancient
Thermadores- no one does anywhere!
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi I have a very old 40 year old double oven Thermadore-- works
great... BUT the cables that are hooked up to the door which allow you
to open and close the door have snapped. I have found parts but am
wondering how to install these.. I know how to remove the door but how
does one gain access to the area where you put these cables? There is
very a narrow opening but can someone shed some light on how to do
this? Thanks
model number is MSC 228 Thermodore double oven- Bosch bought the
company and they do not have any old parts for the ancient
Thermadores- no one does anywhere!

Are these electric cables or wire-rope cables that hold the door springs?
Are these one oven over the other, and a wall oven or are the side by side
ovens? If they are wall ovens, you may need to remove the oven from the wall
cabinet to gain access to the sides. Warning, my experience with double
ovens is that they are VERY heavy, be sure you have a helper and have
something to sit it on once you remove it from the cabinet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

On Jul 20, 7:43*pm, "EXT" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

[...]

Hi, one oven over the other..yeah, i was thinking it was going to be
real real real heavy.

Microwave double oven [email protected] UK diy 1 April 7th 09 05:27 PM
double oven install Gary and Karla Home Repair 1 July 14th 05 11:06 PM
Replace double oven? Fred Home Repair 1 March 25th 05 01:55 AM
Double oven: grill underneath main oven? Matthew Newton UK diy 5 June 9th 04 09:11 PM
Thermadore Wall Double Oven atravelino Home Repair 3 February 14th 04 10:09 PM