Posted to alt.home.repair

Default arbor adapter for 4" diamond blade

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:37:44 -0700, Uno wrote:

I bought a diamond blade at lowe's, dewalt brand. The hole in the
middle is about 3/4" in diameter. The spindle on the tile saw I just
bought looks to be about a quarter inch in diameter. The clampy things
get tightened down by nuts, but that spindle can't be out of center or
else I get a blade whose motion is not constant, in terms of the space
it occupies.

I have an adapter for this problem on my grinder, which I usually use
for cutting tile, but this is a big job, hence the need for a tile saw.

Who makes the saw? I take it this is a _handheld tile saw_. Call the
maker and ask them or the manual might give a clue as to recommended
blades. The Dewalt blade is 5/8" - not 3/4" arbor.

I think I got that adapter at 5 Corners in st. paul, which is no longer
walking distance. Lowe's didn't have one.

What to do? Thanks for your comment,
and cheers,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:36:40 -0700, Uno wrote:

On 7/15/2011 2:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:37:44 -0700, wrote:

I bought a diamond blade at lowe's, dewalt brand. The hole in the
middle is about 3/4" in diameter. The spindle on the tile saw I just
bought looks to be about a quarter inch in diameter. The clampy things
get tightened down by nuts, but that spindle can't be out of center or
else I get a blade whose motion is not constant, in terms of the space
it occupies.

I have an adapter for this problem on my grinder, which I usually use
for cutting tile, but this is a big job, hence the need for a tile saw.

Who makes the saw? I take it this is a _handheld tile saw_. Call the
maker and ask them or the manual might give a clue as to recommended
blades. The Dewalt blade is 5/8" - not 3/4" arbor.

Thx, Oren, I got squared away once I took a look at everything I had in
the light, including two little ring adapters that were in the package.

Glad it worked out for you. Always check the packages before you
discard the packing material.

Got a gift of caramel flavored popcorn once (large tin can). Later
on, after the honeymoon, Joey ask the bride if she checked the can or
had eaten the popcorn. She replied no. Joey advised her to check for
an envelope. Sure enough, we found cash money in an envelope.

Can't be to careful now days :-/
-
Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

[...]