Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kohler engine problem

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:49:57 +0000, jfdubois wrote:
I have a 3 year old kholer courage 20hp engine in a Husqvarna lawn
tractor. Today, the engine started to push oil out of the crank case
breather tube which is right above the carb causing it to stall. I took
the air cleaner off and started the engine and the oil coming out of the
breather tube went as far as 2 feet from the engine. It is fresh oil and
a new oil filter. The oil is clean (not black). Any ideas on what I
should try to fix this problem?

I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but it triggered a memory
from the vintage car world - did this happen before the new filter was
put in? Is there any chance that the filter's faulty, the wrong type, not
seated correctly etc. and so oil is bypassing it? That could account for
a large increase in pressure.

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:38:06 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

[...]

Nope - no possible increase in pressure from the filter - and that
would NOT blow oil out the breather. Oil pressure is contained in the
galleries and bearings and has NO effect on the crankcase, so will not
blow oil out the vents.

One use for a Kohler lawnmower engine Oren[_2_] Home Repair 3 October 24th 09 07:32 AM
Kohler engine serswonthelp Home Repair 3 May 23rd 09 06:11 PM
Kohler OHC camshaft engine timing [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 25th 07 10:14 PM
Kohler engine quirk joe Home Repair 7 June 5th 05 02:48 AM
kohler engine dies after warmed up? Clint Electronics Repair 5 April 22nd 04 05:56 AM