Posted to alt.home.repair

Default moving waste only about an inch.

Uno wrote:

I've got a 1/2 shower that I'm doing and the drain needs to move only
about an inch. How do I make a jog in 12 inches of PVC of only an inch
or so?

http://www.plasticoddities.com/showerdrains.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

--
Uno
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 18, 10:07*am, Uno wrote:
I've got a 1/2 shower that I'm doing and the drain needs to move only
about an inch. *How do I make a jog in 12 inches of PVC of only an inch
or so?
--
Uno

An 1/8 bend street ell plus a standard 1/8 bend ell ought to be about
right. If you're really clever, you could put most any bend in a 12"
section with a heat gun. Electrical workers do this with plastic (PVC)
conduit routinely for minor corrections.
Those plastic oddities suggested by dpb are really neat, though.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:

An 1/8 bend street ell plus a standard 1/8 bend ell ought to be about
right. If you're really clever, you could put most any bend in a 12"
section with a heat gun. Electrical workers do this with plastic (PVC)
conduit routinely for minor corrections.
Those plastic oddities suggested by dpb are really neat, though.

Agree w/ the bending; I just figured would show "the high-priced spread"
solution...

I don't recall where I first came across these but they are the
quick'n'easy way, particularly if the riser is in place or there's
access problem issue in existing construction you can generally rotate
one of these puppies from the upper opening w/o any other access needed.

If it's doggone close, another alternative is a long flexible coupling,
aka Fernco-style...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uno wrote:

I've got a 1/2 shower that I'm doing and the drain needs to move only
about an inch. How do I make a jog in 12 inches of PVC of only an inch
or so?

I mentioned Fernco flex coupling in a followup sidebar w/ Joe...I'll
note that for a waste pipe w/ no pressure if it's a little too much for
a genuine Fernco, you can use any decent quality hose and regular band
clamps and make the transition whatever length is convenient that way.