Posted to alt.home.repair

Default soil vent colr on roof

I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where replaced with black ,except
my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there some kind
sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 17, 7:08*am, "pacca" wrote:
I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where *replaced with black ,except
my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there some kind
sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?

Sure that isn't the vent for your furnace?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 17, 7:08 am, "pacca" wrote:

I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where *replaced with black
,except
my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there some kind
sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?

Sure that isn't the vent for your furnace?

You can paint it if you want.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/17/2011 6:08 AM, pacca wrote:
I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where replaced with black
,except my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there
some kind sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?

When I got a new roof a couple of years ago they painted everything
to match the roof. I don't see any reason why you can't paint the
soil vent.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 17, 8:11*am, Bill Gill wrote:
On 6/17/2011 6:08 AM, pacca wrote: I had a new roof put on ant all my vents where replaced with black
,except my soil vent is a ugly silver,beside paint it black is there
some kind sleeve that can put over it to match my black vents?

When I got a new roof a couple of years ago they painted everything
to match the roof. *I don't see any reason why you can't paint the
soil vent.

Bill

To address the original OP question, sInce you are sure it is not a
heated vent, you could put any kind of pipe around it that you like.
There are lots of black pipes available in different diameters at any
large hardware store or HD or Lowes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

1) Call the roofers, and ask them to make the change.
2) Enroll in a remedial English course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus