Posted to alt.home.repair

Default type of chalking needed ?

I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. Looks like it needs
re-chalking -

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg (the exhaust pipe from the oil
burner to the chimney area)

The previous owners were the ones that did it initially. Was just wondering what
specific chalking is needed here...and is a certain brand recommended ?

thanks much

Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:

I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. Looks
like it needs re-chalking -

That would be "caulk"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 15, 12:02*pm, "mike"
wrote:
I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. *Looks like it needs
re-chalking -

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg* (the exhaust pipe from the oil
burner to the chimney area)

The previous owners were the ones that did it initially. *Was just wondering what
specific chalking is needed here...and is a certain brand recommended ?

thanks much

Rutland furnace cement.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 15, 12:02*pm, "mike"
wrote:
I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. *Looks like it needs
re-chalking -

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg* (the exhaust pipe from the oil
burner to the chimney area)

The previous owners were the ones that did it initially. *Was just wondering what
specific chalking is needed here...and is a certain brand recommended ?

thanks much

Any furnace "CAULKING" should be satisfactory.
Posted to alt.home.repair

anybody ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"mike" wrote:

anybody ?

your query drew several responses already. did you not see them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

White sidewalk chalk.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in
message ...
anybody ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

She said "first cut the tip off."
I guess they didn't click?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

That would be "caulk"

Yea, just like the painter yelled down from the ladder to
the pretty
lady walking by. "Hey lady, do you wanna see my Caulk".

Posted to alt.home.repair

c'mon , this shouldnt be a hard question. Am I gonna have to go post on Yahoo
Answers for this ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2011 11:48 AM, dadiOH wrote:
mike wrote:
c'mon , this shouldnt be a hard question. Am I gonna have to go
post on Yahoo Answers for this ?

No, its easy. You want chalking paint that will wash off in the rain.

Oh, wait...maybe you meant "caulking"? In that case, caulk what?

WTF are you caulking about? :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
c'mon , this shouldnt be a hard question. Am I gonna have to go
post on Yahoo Answers for this ?

No, its easy. You want chalking paint that will wash off in the rain.

Oh, wait...maybe you meant "caulking"? In that case, caulk what?

WTF are you caulking about? :-)

TDD

Mike drew several responses to this thread several weeks ago, and
apparently saw none of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Get the colored stuff in the bucket, from Dollar Tree.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in
message ...
c'mon , this shouldnt be a hard question. Am I gonna have
to go post on Yahoo
Answers for this ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, take it easy on the OP. He wants to study it out, and
not go off half caulked.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Oh, wait...maybe you meant "caulking"? In that case,
caulk what?

WTF are you caulking about? :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chalking for oil burner exhaust vent ?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg

I took a picture of it.

What do I need to get from home depot to re-chalk this ? the material is hard, so
i'm guessing it's not regular chalk.

picture is of the oil burner exhaust vent connecting to the chimney.

any help is much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Asbestos furnace cement.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in
message ...
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg

I took a picture of it.

What do I need to get from home depot to re-chalk this ?
the material is hard, so
i'm guessing it's not regular chalk.

picture is of the oil burner exhaust vent connecting to the
chimney.

any help is much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mike" wrote in message
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg

I took a picture of it.

What do I need to get from home depot to re-chalk this ? the material is
hard, so i'm guessing it's not regular chalk.

picture is of the oil burner exhaust vent connecting to the chimney.

any help is much appreciated.

Chalk is hard. Caulk is not.

Furnace cement will do the job though. Available in cans ready to use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 9, 4:52*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Asbestos furnace cement.

Furnace cement yes. Asbestos, I don't think so.
Didn't they stop using asbestos in that cement just
like in just about everything else?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in
...http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2023/dsc01398wq.jpg

I took a picture of it.

What do I need to get from home depot to re-chalk this ?
the material is hard, so
i'm guessing it's not regular chalk.

picture is of the oil burner exhaust vent connecting to the
chimney.

any help is much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Asbestos is wonderful stuff. High temp protection, and does
a great job of thermal insulation. Like everthing effective,
it's likely been "taken out" for our protection.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Collet type needed ASm73 Metalworking 1 August 6th 09 08:50 PM
** replacement type for AF126 transistor needed barolo Electronics 1 April 16th 06 07:04 PM
** replacement type for AF126 transistor needed barolo Electronics Repair 2 April 13th 06 12:02 PM
Security screw Bit type needed mac Electronics Repair 7 September 30th 05 06:36 AM
Wire type needed for underground C & M Home Repair 5 July 22nd 05 10:17 PM