Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

Default Enjoy smoking without tar, ashes and odor

http://www.smoke-safely.biz

Green Smoke is an electronic cigarette that looks and functions much
like a tobacco cigarette with a few exceptions: it contains no ash, tar,
or carbon monoxide that smokers are heavily exposed to with tobacco
cigarettes. Instead, the nicotine is vaporized by an atomizer that
allows you to inhale a vapor that looks and feels just like smoke. Itšs
easy to use and maintain so the smoking experience is greener and
cleaner. Therešs no odor and you save 60% more money when compared with
tobacco cigarettes! How is this possible?

Green Smoke's patented 2 part technology includes a lithium-ion battery,
a microchip controller and an LED light at the tip. The light mimics
the "lit end" of the cigarette and "lights up" when the e-cigarette is
puffed on. The "filter" easily screws onto the battery and contains the
liquid nicotine with the built-in atomizer. The "filter" even looks just
like the filter on a tobacco cigarette.

We even offer a variety of flavors including Tobacco, Marl Tobacco,
Menthol, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Coffee. If you are a smoker or have
someone you care about that smokes, visit our site to see our products,
videos, and customer reviews:

http://www.smoke-safely.biz

Use coupon code disc10-23856 for a 10% discount on orders over $100, or
use disc5-23856 for a 5% discount on all orders. Free shipping on all
orders over $25.

Therešs a 30-day 100% money back guarantee on starter kits if you are
not completely satisfied, so why not give it a try?

It's Your Life. It's Your Choice. It's Your Green Smoke.

--
Sue Rodgers
Green Smoke
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Sue Rodgers wrote:

http://www.blow-safely.biz

Black Blow is an electronic black dick that looks and functions much
like a white dick with a few exceptions: it contains no ash, tar,
or carbon monoxide that dick smokers are heavily exposed to with
white dick.

It's Your Life. It's Your Choice. It's Your Black Smoke.

That's nice. Now clean the jizz off your face, slut.
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 6:13*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Sue Rodgers wrote:

http://www.blow-safely.biz

Black Blow is an electronic black dick that looks and functions much
like a white dick with a few exceptions: it contains no ash, tar,
or carbon monoxide that dick smokers are heavily exposed to with
white dick.

It's Your Life. It's Your Choice. It's Your Black Smoke.

That's nice. Now clean the jizz off your face, slut.

Heh,Heh,You have a way with words Smitty :-)
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

http://xxw.smxxe-sxxxly.bxx

http://wxx.smoxx-safely.bxx

Use coupon code disc10-23856 for a 10% discount on orders over $100, or
use disc5-23856 for a 5% discount on all orders. Free shipping on all
orders over $25.

Therešs a 30-day 100% money back guarantee on starter kits if you are
not completely satisfied, so why not give it a try?

It's Your Life. It's Your Choice. It's Your Green Smoke.

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke because of my exposure to the
poison when I was in the womb up through the time I was a teenager.
I wonder what reaction I would have to the emissions of you bizarre
nicotine delivery system. I don't know what would happen if I was
exposed to the nicotine containing vapor from one of your electronic
enablers being used by some drug addict. I would be the only one
able to walk away if the drug addict refused to turn it off. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 12/06/11 03:20, Sue Rodgers wrote:
[...]

Good design, but I think they missed a trick, there. They should have
given then filter tip the look and feel of a woman's nipple.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Sue Rodgers wrote:

http://www.blow-safely.biz

Black Blow is an electronic black dick that looks and functions much
like a white dick with a few exceptions: it contains no ash, tar,
or carbon monoxide that dick smokers are heavily exposed to with
white dick.

It's Your Life. It's Your Choice. It's Your Black Smoke.

That's nice. Now clean the jizz off your face, slut.

How is the wife Jim,listen when you get a chance send me my brown
slippers,they are under the bed. She loves latina pinga l-)

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 10:31*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

It's the smoke you are allergic to. These things make no smoke. You
get your nicotine fix without smoke. If you want to give up smoking in
the UK you can get free goverment assistance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RedAcer wrote in
:

[...]

or a baby's pacifier.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:17:37 -0700, harry wrote:

On Jun 12, 10:31Â*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 6/11/2011 9:20 PM, Sue Rodgers wrote:

http://xxw.smxxe-sxxxly.bxx

Green Smoke is an electronic cigarette that looks and functions much
like a tobacco cigarette with a few exceptions: it contains no ash,
tar, or carbon monoxide that smokers are heavily exposed to with
tobacco cigarettes. Â*Instead, the nicotine is vaporized by an
atomizer that allows you to inhale a vapor that looks and feels just
like smoke. Â*Itšs easy to use and maintain so the smoking experience
is greener and cleaner. Â*Therešs no odor and you save 60% more money
when compared with tobacco cigarettes! Â*How is this possible?

Green Smoke's patented 2 part technology includes a lithium-ion
battery, a microchip controller and an LED light at the tip. Â*The
[...]

I remember a commercial in the 50's that said doctors prefer Camels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2011 3:42 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

to-may-to, to-mah-to.

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2011 12:17 PM, harry wrote:
On Jun 12, 10:31 am, The Daring
wrote:
[...]

Didn't the government there supply heroin addicts with their needs at
one time? :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yea, weird sexual preferences. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I remember a commercial in the 50's that said doctors prefer Camels.- Hide quoted text -

Nah. That's muslims.
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I think at one time they were offered (methanol?). Or similar
sounding.
I think it was nearly as bad as heroine.
There are free clincs.
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2011 12:58 AM, harry wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Methadone? A synthetic narcotic drug similar to morphine but less
habit-forming; used in narcotic detoxification and maintenance of heroin
addiction. Methanol is a light volatile flammable poisonous liquid
alcohol; used as an antifreeze and solvent and fuel and as a denaturant
for ethyl alcohol. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke because of my exposure to the
poison when I was in the womb up through the time I was a teenager.
I wonder what reaction I would have to the emissions of you bizarre
nicotine delivery system. I don't know what would happen if I was
exposed to the nicotine containing vapor from one of your electronic
enablers being used by some drug addict. I would be the only one
able to walk away if the drug addict refused to turn it off. ^_^

I, perhaps alone, appreciate your sense of satire, but just in case you're
serious: Do you carry Epinephrine in case of accidental exposure?

If not, you're not allergic but simply don't care for cigarette smoke and
exaggerate as do 100% of those who claim an allergy to tobacco smoke.

ALL allergens contain some kind of protein and it is this protein that
triggers an allergic reaction. There are NO proteins in cigarette smoke.

BZZZZT! Wrong answer. Here are some well-known non-protein allergans:

Chemical Allergens and Others
Nickel sulphate
Nickel is one of the most common metals in our environment, and is the most
common contact sensitises world-wide. About 10% of all women are sensitive
to nickel sulphate and react to metal objects in direct contact with the
skin.

Potassium dichromate
Soluble chromium salts may cause contact dermatitis and are found in wet
cement, chrome tanned leather, welding fumes, cutting oils and anti rust
paints. Metallic chromium has an oxidized surface and no soluble hromium is
released. The metal is thus non-allergenic.

Caine mix
Caine mix contains three anaesthetics for topical use - benzocaine,
dibucaine hydrochloride and tetracaine hydrochloride. Caine mix anaesthetics
are used in medicaments that reduce pain, itching and stinging. They are
also found in haemorrhoidal preparations and cough syrups. Caines are
moderate sensitizers, but are often used on inflamed skin, and therefore
allergic sensitization is not uncommon.

Epoxy resin
Epoxy resin is the diglycidylether of bisphenol-A and is found in strong,
two-part plastic adhesives. Only the resin - the uncured epoxy - is
sensitizing, and the 340 monomer the essential sensitizer.

Quinoline mix
Quinoline mix contains clioquinol and chloroquinadol, two antimicrobials
used in medicated creams and ointments for wound infections and infected
eczemas. Quinolines are not uncommon sensitizers in countries where they are
used.

Balsam of Pew
Balsam of Peru is a wood extract from the South American tree Myroxylon
pedere. In the past, it was commonly incorporated as fragrance in cosmetics,
medical creams and ointments and used as flavouring in teas, tobaccos, cough
syrups, colas, ice creams, baked goods and many other foods. It is
decreasingly used, but gives a good indication of fragrance sensitivity, as
it includes several different fragrances that sensitize, such as benzyl
cinnamate, benzylbenzoate, cinnamic aldehyde and isoeugenol.

Ethylenediamine dihydrochloride
Ethylenediarnine is an emulsifier and stabilizer found in both medicated and
non-medicated topical preparations such as creams and nose drops. It is used
industrially as a solvent, curing and anticorrosive agent.

Cobalt chloride
Metallic cobalt and cobalt salts are strong sensitizers, and are found in
many metal plated objects including buckles, buttons and zips, but also in
artists' paints, wet cement and hard metal. Cobalt is often found together
with nickel, and allergy occurs to both these metals in 25% of nickel
sensitivity. This is not regarded as true cross sensitivity.

Paraben mix
The mixture contains five different parabens; methyl-, ethyl-, propyl-,
butyl- and benzyl-parahydroxybenzoate. Parabens are the most used topical
preservatives worldwide. Parabens are found in several medical creams,
lotions, pastes, and in several cosmetics and skin care products. Parabens
are used as food preservatives and industrially in oils, fats and glues.
Sensitivity to parabens is not uncommon although rare in relation to their
widespread usage. Parabens are lipophilic and have low irritant and
sensitizing potential.

Carba mix
Three rubber chemicals, 1 .3-diphenylguanidine, zinc diethyldithiocarbamate
and zinc dibutyldithiocarbamate are contained in this mixture. These
chemicals are strong antimicrobials and antioxidants, and are used to
stabilize rubber. They are found in almost all rubber products including
shoes, tool handles, electric cords, etc. They are also found in adhesives
for leather, some vinyl products and are ingredients of pesticides.
Dithiocarbamates transform to thiurams on exposure to oxygen. Therefore,
carbamate and thiuram allergic reactions often occur in parallel.

Black rubber mix
N.isopropyl-N1-phenyl paraphenylenediamine9 Ncyclohexyl-N1-phenyl
paraphenylenediamine and N,N1-diphenyl paraphenylene diamine are
antioxidants and polymerization inhibitors found in almost all black rubber
products including tyres, handles, rubber washers, hoses and gloves. Hair
dye products are related and may occasionally cross react. The black rubber
chemicals are strong sensitizers.

Isothiazolinones (Kathon CG)
A mixture of two allergens; Schloro-2-methylA-isothiazolin-3-one and
2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3~ne, the chloromethyl derivative being the more
sensitizing. Kathon CG is a widespread preservative in cosmetics and
commercial household products such as shampoos, creams, lotions, cleaners
and washing materials. It is also a widely used industrial preservative for
cutting fluids.

Quaternium-15
Quaternium-1 5, 1 (3~hloroallyl)-3,5,7.triaza-1 -azonium-adamantane chloride
is a preservative found in cosmetics such as lotions, creams, shampoos and
soaps. It is also found in commercial products such as polishes, cleaners,
and in industrial products such as cutting fluids and paints. Quaternium-15
is a formaldehyde releaser. Individuals reacting to this compound may either
be allergic to formaldehyde or have a specific sensitivity. Quaternium-15
has low potential to irritate and sensitizers.

Mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT)
Mercaplobenzothiazole is a vulcanization accelerator used in rubber products
such as shoes, gloves, rubber bands, gaskets, electric cords. It is also
found in adhesives and as a fungicide, bactericide and anticorrosive agent
in cutting oils and greases. MBT is a moderately strong sensitizer and a
moderately irritant chemical.

p-Phenylenediamine (PPD)
PPD is a blue-black aniline dye. Together with (elated compounds it is found
in many dyed textiles, leather, and fur. Permanent and semi-permanent hair
dyes may contain PPD or related chemicals, which to some extent cross react.
It may also be found in dark cosmetics, black rubber, photographic
developers and printing inks. PPD is readily oxidized in contact with
atmospheric oxygen, but this reduces the allergenic potency only marginally.
It is an open question whether the dye itself or an oxidation product is the
essential allergen.

Formaldehyde (N-hydrnxymethyl succinimide)
Formaldehyde is the initial component in the manufacture of several plastics
and synthetic resins. Residual amounts of formaldehyde are released from
such products. Formaldehyde releasing disinfectants and preservatives are
widely used in cosmetics, cleaning products and many industrial products.
Formaldehyde is found in glues, textiles and some types of paper. There is a
significant exposure to formaldehyde in the construction industry from
paints, hardboard, rockwool, plastics and waterproof glues.

Mercapto mix
Morpholinyl mercaptobenzothiazol. N-Cyclohexyl benzothiazyl sulphonamide and
dibenzothiazyl disulphide are the allergens included. Uke
mercaptobenzothiazol these mercaptochemicals are vulcanisation accelerators
used in rubber products.

Thiomersal (thimerosal, merthiolate)
Thiomersal is a preservative used in contact lens fluids and in particular
cosmetics, such as eye shadows. It may also be used as a preservative for
eye and nose drops, and for some injectable medicines, especially vaccines
and gammaglobulin. Thiomersal contains mercury, but cross reacts only
marginally with metallic mercury and the relevance of positive reactions is
often hard to establish.

Thiuram mix
The thiuram mix includes three disulphides and one monosulphide. They are
strong antimicrobials and antioxidants. They are found in almost all rubber
products, including shoes, gloves, condoms, elastic bands, tool handles,
gaskets and electric cables. They are also found in adhesives for leather
and vinyl products and are ingredients of pesticides, insect repellents,
antiscabies medication, fungicides, wood preservatives, paint additives,
lubricating oils and the drug disulfiram (Antabuse). There is an interaction
between the disulphides of the mix which form an equilibrium of six
disulphides. The cross-reaction pattern of these disulphides has not yet
been evaluated.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2011 7:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

In point of fact, no one is allergic to smoke. Those who experience
allergy-like reactions to tobacco smoke have some other health problem.

Admittedly, cigarette smoke can trigger symptoms similar to an allergy.
Smoke is not, however, an allergin, it is an irritant. (See vasomotor
rhinitis.)

I really am deathly allergic to tobacco smoke. It has the effect of
pepper spray on me so I do avoid those areas where people smoke. I
just stay away because the Libertarian in me supports the right of
any adult to harm himself anyway he desires as long as he's not harming
anyone else. If I get exposed to a lot of the poison, I will actually
become ill for several days until I get over it. I stay away from it
because I can detect it coming from the vehicle in front of me on an
interstate, downwind of smokers in any area and on my friends clothing.
My friends who smoke do not smoke around me or in my home or vehicle.
I can't go into the house or vehicle of a smoker and I avoid business
that allow smoking. I believe in smokers rights but I also believe in
non-smokers rights. Purposely inhaling the byproducts of combustion is
completely asinine and smoke inhalation is what kills most victims of
a building fire. How on earth could any intelligent person inhale smoke
on purpose other than being a drug addict?

TDD

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

long list of NON PROTEIN based allergans snipped

Don't forget peanut allergy or bee sting allergy. I'm amazed at the
reaction people have to those then I remember how weird some people
think my allergy is. :-)

Peanuts and bee stings are protein-based allergans. The question I was
answering was HeyBub's assertion that all allergans are protein based.
That's not true. I'll bet a lot of people WISH that were true, but it
isn't. Plenty of commonly used chemicals will trigger a bona-fide allergic
reaction.

I suspect he was correct in saying that you're not really allergic to
tobacco smoke, but instead are "sensitive" to it in the sense that it
irritates your lungs enough to cause a protective response: gobs of green
goo. (-" You'd probably get the same reaction inhaling coal dust, saw
dust, marijuana or any number of things like that. (-:

Allergies cause a histamine reaction which is a bit different than hawking
up huge wads of phelgm. That's your lungs saying: "Don't BREATHE anymore of
this crap." You may be also suffering from asthma. Children of smokers are
much more likely to be asthmatic than children of non-smokers. Exposure to
smoke causes the tiny alveoli to contract, causing inflammation, causing
further contractions. When enough of that happens your lungs become filled
with gunk and pneumonia is the next likely complication.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

Very confusing. Second-hand smoke DOES harm others. It can cause
birth defects if a pregnant woman is exposed enough. It affects milk
safety in a lactating mother who has either smoked herself or been
exposed to second-hand smoke.

The research on this is so rich and deeply verified that it should be
a cause for Child Protective Serviceds to intervene in a case where
children in a home are exposed to tobacco smoke.

I think the Libertarian in you is sadly confused. You are breaking
the First Law of self-preservation by allowing addicts to vent poison
where it can harm you.

Would you support the rights of other to let down their pants and take
a dump in your living room? I thought not. Yet, except for the smell
and the cost of the cleanup, you would not be harmed as you would if
they smoked in your living room.

So you stay away from your favorite club or restaurant because the
addicts fill the room with their fumes. I was on the barricades in
California over 20 years ago in the first struggles for non-smokers'
rights. It took a long time, but now we finally can go out and enjoy
ourselves without endangering our health.

If I get exposed to a lot of the poison, I will actually
become ill for several days until I get over it. I stay away from it
because I can detect it coming from the vehicle in front of me on an
interstate, downwind of smokers in any area and on my friends clothing.
My friends who smoke do not smoke around me or in my home or vehicle.
I can't go into the house or vehicle of a smoker and I avoid business
that allow smoking. I believe in smokers rights but I also believe in
non-smokers rights. Purposely inhaling the byproducts of combustion is
completely asinine and smoke inhalation is what kills most victims of
a building fire. How on earth could any intelligent person inhale smoke
on purpose other than being a drug addict?

That is exactly what they are -- drug addicts. However, Big Tobacco
over the decades has spent untold gazillions bribing their whores in
Congress to NOT classify tobacco in the same category as heroine,
cocaine and other deadly addictive drugs.

When was the last time you wrote/called your Member of Congress to
reclassify tobacco to protect your health. (Do you even know WHO
your Member of Congress is?)

Ever heard the expression: The squeaky wheel gets the grease?

HB

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:52:47 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/13/2011 1:32 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:59:05 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[snip]

How on earth could any intelligent person inhale smoke
on purpose other than being a drug addict?

TDD

I never understood it either. I wouldn't have known anything about
cancer as a teenager, but is still stunk and caused coughing when
around smokers.

In the middle of the last century when I was a child, nobody knew any
better about the dangers of smoking.

Is that why they were called "coffin nails" at least as far back as the '20s?

Both my parents were Regular Army
during WWII so like the majority of adults at the time, they smoked like
choo-choo trains. I could not breath, I wasn't a snot nosed kid, I was
green slime kid. It was constantly coming out of me and when I was
10 or 11, I was put in the hospital for the obligatory tonsillectomy
that was SOP at the time. Doctors found that my tonsils and adenoids
were so swollen and inflamed that it was blocking my breathing. I can't
hate the adults who exposed me to such airborne poison because they had
no idea they were harming me but I sure can resent it. There is no
excuse these days to expose children to tobacco smoke. :-(

TDD

Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2011 6:07 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message

[...]

Cool, learn something new every day. I've lived with this problem since
the middle of the last century and there are other things that can make
me ill if I inhale them. Tobacco smoke is just the most prevalent, I've
gotten sick from the fumes from brazing refrigeration lines that have
residual Freon in them. Heavy concentrations of vehicle exhaust can make
me ill or the fumes from burning plastic. I think all byproducts of
combustion have a deleterious affect on me. I remember a forest fire
some years back that covered a large area of the next county which
produced a lot of smoke and particulates that permeated the area I was
working in and I got a nose bleed along with my breathing trouble. :-(

TDD
Posted to alt.global-warming,alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2011 6:18 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

You did understand that I support AN ADULT'S right to do to "themselves"
as they please as long as they cause no harm TO ANYONE ELSE? I often get
quite angry when I see a smoking pregnant woman or woman holding a mucus
covered infant in her arms as she selfishly puffs away. I do sometimes
say something but they're often too stupid to comprehend or they know
damn well it's bad and don't care. That's the really sad part to me. I
actually have discussed smoking with lawmakers when they're guests on
talk radio shows and related my story to get their response so a great
many people can hear it. The media can be a wonderful resource to put
a bug in a politician's ear. I am glad that smoking is becoming
culturally unacceptable with fewer and fewer people falling into the
drug induced habit. I remember back when almost everyone smoked
cigarettes, I was a kid and I thought it was stupid then. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring wrote in message

[...]

Dude, you may need a pulmonary workup. You get to ride a bicycle and
breathe into tubes and stuff. If you're lucky, it will be an attractive
female health worker that hooks you up. While it's entirely natural to be
severely irritated by all of the things you mentioned, IIRC, burning heat
applied to refrigerant, even in trace amounts, generates chlorine compounds
that damages lungs. Not as well as phosgene (COCL2 - IIRC - aw, heck, I'll
go to Google . . . )

Uses: Phosgene - COCl2 is used in organic synthesis, in manufacture of
dyes, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, insecticides, synthetic foams, resins,
and polymers. Phosgene is a lung irritant and extremely toxic. +++ It is
also produced in the presence of refrigerants that are drawn through a heat
source, refrigeration technicians should take extreme caution and prevent
the exposure by making sure that smoking is avoided in the presence of
refrigerants and preventing inhalation of the gas when soldering or brazing.
+++

Also called CARBONYL CHLORIDE, a colourless, chemically reactive, highly
toxic gas having an odour like that of musty hay, used in making organic
chemicals, dyestuffs, polycarbonate
resins, and isocyanates for making polyurethane resins. It first came into
prominence during World War I, when it was used, either alone or mixed with
chlorine, against troops. ++++ Inhalation
causes severe lung injury +++, the full effects appearing several hours
after exposure.

First prepared in 1811, phosgene is manufactured by the reaction of carbon
monoxide and chlorine in the presence of a catalyst. It can be formed by the
thermal decomposition of
chlorinated hydrocarbons; e.g., when carbon tetrachloride (q.v.) is used as
a fire extinguisher. Gaseous phosgene, which has a density about three and
one-half times that of air, liquefies at a
temperature of 8.2° C (46.8° F); it is usually stored and transported as the
liquid under pressure in steel cylinders or as a solution in toluene. With
water, phosgene reacts to form carbon dioxide and hydrochloric acid.

http://www.c-f-c.com/specgas_products/phosgene.htm

Dumb kids like me that used to light matches to things like Lysol, with
refrigerant-like propellants have breathed in a lot of that stuff and killed
lung tissue. It has a very, very nasty characteristic smell and I've
smelled it when I've had any A/C brazing done. You need to meet up with an
oximeter soon, dude. It will come with a sleep study or a pulmonary workup
or you could even buy one on Ebay. They've been getting cheaper every year.
A finger clip device that IIRC read the oxygen level in you blood through
the redness of your hemoglobin.

The best thing my mother ever did for me was to nag me to leave one of my
very early jobs as chem. QC at a local photofinisher - especially when I
brought home the clothes that got eaten by a nitric acid spill. Remember
the creature's blood in Alien(s)? Just as fast on clothes. Here one
second, pssst! Gone except for any polyester threads. It took a few seconds
longer to eat through my boot. Long enough to get it off and that was all
that mattered. It wasn't really QC, I also had to mix the 50 gallons vats
of developers, fixers and stabilizers, which meant dumping a 1 gallon brown
glass Kodak bottle into a huge stainless tank. The trick was to swirl it
around to get a vortex going inside the bottle. Otherwise it glugged and
spit concentrated formaldehyde everywhere. I think that job lasted six
months. One of my longer runs.

--
Bobby G.