Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reason to keep vodka in the garage

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DTL&type=autos

However *really* keeping a bottle of vodka in the garage probably isn't a
good sign.

Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

On May 29, 3:30*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...5/27/MT1F1JKQ6....

However *really* keeping a bottle of vodka in the garage probably isn't a
good sign.

Food and solvent should be kept in different rooms. Many cases of
poisoning.
I remember a neighbor drank carbon tet and died.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 29 May 2011 12:30:44 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DTL&type=autos

However *really* keeping a bottle of vodka in the garage probably isn't a
good sign.

In the garage so certain members of the household won't find it?

My father had to make a (rough hewn) padlockable cabinet in the
basement for the liquor because the maid would drink it otherwise.

OTOH a later maid, a J's Witness, quit because there was liquor in
some cake or other that my mother made, and that she found out when
she ate some of the cake. My mother insisted she couldn't have
actually consumed any alcohol because all of it evaporates during
baking, and she must have seen the cake being made (by my mother). But
the maid quit anyhow. My mother insists the maid saw her put liquor
in the cake and ate it anyhow. I don't know what kind of liquor it
was.

My father died when I was 8, and we couldn't afford a maid or anything
more than the minimum after that.

I don't understand the link. Why not clean the plug mechanically,
scraping it with a pen knife or a key or metal brush or any piece of
metal? I used to use a cheap knife on the lawn mower. I don't know
if liquor dissolves carbon deposits or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/29/2011 4:36 PM, zek wrote:
On May 29, 3:30 pm, wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...5/27/MT1F1JKQ6...

However *really* keeping a bottle of vodka in the garage probably isn't a
good sign.

Food and solvent should be kept in different rooms. Many cases of
poisoning.
I remember a neighbor drank carbon tet and died.

I doubt that is true.

Don

Another reason ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 97 November 17th 10 11:57 AM
Any reason Bob La Londe Metalworking 5 February 10th 10 05:15 AM
Is there any particular reason... Malissa Baldwin Home Repair 0 April 15th 07 07:21 AM
degreasing with vodka? Dave Fawthrop UK diy 62 September 10th 06 09:51 AM
what's the reason? RB Home Repair 2 August 13th 05 04:20 PM