Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crib Question

Hi,

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I figured you folks would know.

Are cribs with the drop-sides considered legal these days ?

Any thoughts on, regardingsafety, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote the following:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 14:33:38 -0400, LSMFT
wrote:

They are fine unless you are a stupid parent and let the screws fall out
and ignore maintenance.

Watching Craigslist you see all manner of products, regarding
children. Toys, car seats, cribs and bassinets....

Odds are folks have not checked for safety recalls -- buyer or seller.
Same with tools?

They wheel-n-deal with bed bug infested furniture ( violates TOS? )

They damn sure flag legal gun sales/trades -- even though guns are
legal and I can abide by state law (non-violation of TOS?).

Them fools flag caulk guns :-/

It's against the law to sell a recalled product, even if used.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They are fine unless you are a stupid parent and let the screws fall out
and ignore maintenance.

Watching Craigslist you see all manner of products, regarding
children. Toys, car seats, cribs and bassinets....

Odds are folks have not checked for safety recalls -- buyer or seller.
Same with tools?

They wheel-n-deal with bed bug infested furniture ( violates TOS? )

They damn sure flag legal gun sales/trades -- even though guns are
legal and I can abide by state law (non-violation of TOS?).

Them fools flag caulk guns :-/

It's against the law to sell a recalled product, even if used.

Got a cite for that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

If drop side cribs are outlawed, only outlaws will have drop
side cribs. Support your right to keep and bear drop side
cribs!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message

Not only that, but you can't legislate common sense, but you
legislate
out dropside cribs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They are fine unless you are a stupid parent and let the screws fall out
and ignore maintenance.

Watching Craigslist you see all manner of products, regarding
children. Toys, car seats, cribs and bassinets....

Odds are folks have not checked for safety recalls -- buyer or seller.
Same with tools?

They wheel-n-deal with bed bug infested furniture ( violates TOS? )

They damn sure flag legal gun sales/trades -- even though guns are
legal and I can abide by state law (non-violation of TOS?).

Them fools flag caulk guns :-/

It's against the law to sell a recalled product, even if used.

Got a cite for that?

Sure. All you had to do was to google 'selling recalled products'
Here, I did it for you.
http://babyproducts.about.com/od/rec...lling_gear.htm

*Baby* products. Why didn't you say so? I'd still like to see exactly what's
outlawed. The article is very poor, as most such things are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about baby products, like
cribs. The Subject line threw me off.
(shakes head).

The statement had no qualifications. You still haven't answered the request.
shakes head
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 5/24/2011 7:58 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2011 19:00:21 -0500, "
wrote:

(shakes head).

shakes head

Neck gets tired.

caught in crib rail...

Crib question Don Fearn Woodworking 10 January 10th 08 12:48 AM
OT crib [email protected] Woodworking 0 July 6th 07 08:54 PM
swinging crib Eddie Woodworking 4 September 19th 06 07:32 AM
LOG CRIB J T Woodworking 0 September 30th 05 11:07 PM
Paint for crib.... Brian In Hampton Woodworking 2 November 23rd 04 01:09 PM