Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Very short suspenders

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 7, 11:19*am, Metspitzer wrote:
I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. *I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

YOU NEED SOME OFF SHORE ******,.
WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOUNDS LIKE THOSE MINI GARTERS THE BRITS USE
TO KEEP THERE SOX UP......THE SEX POTS...
WHY DONT YOU GO TO A TAILOR AND HAVE THEM CUSTOM MADE, YOU SPITZSTER.
THIS IS NOT A FASHION GROUP....GO PLAY DRESS UP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

You can get a used sewing machine for very little at a 2nd hand store.

Or they have businesses which will do sewing for you. I don't know
what word to look for in the yellow pages??? Might ask at the fabric
department in a store...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

Some vendors of hip boots sell extra pairs of hangers
to fasten boot to belt. They are probably expensive.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 May 2011 11:31:49 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 7 May 2011 13:55:11 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
. ..

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

Some vendors of hip boots sell extra pairs of hangers
to fasten boot to belt. They are probably expensive.

http://howcool.com/popup-images/ESC-3049.jpg

I am sorry. I forgot what we were talking about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2011 11:19 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

The ad things that used to come in the mail, and in the Sunday papers,
used to sell things like that (mattress garters?) to keep the corners of
fitted sheets from popping off mattresses.

But for a one-off application, 10 minutes at your local sewing or
camping store will yield the clips and the webbing. If sewing is too
much bother, they even have friction buckles (like a square ring with a
ribbed bar in the middle) to make the loops in the end of the webbing,
which would also make it possible to fine-tune the length.

We could probably make better suggestions if you describe what you are
trying to hold up, and to what.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 May 2011 11:19:32 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

I think mattress garters fit the bill pretty close.

Thanks everyone

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they
only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like
suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

Probably not adjustable, but you can adjust them by sewing. Get some
of the eleastic with clips on each end used to hold gloves to the
winter coats of little children.

They are probably cheap.

Maybe small non-chain stores have them out of season, (otoh maybe
large stores send them back to the main warehouse out of season.)

And mets is right, the things that hold mattress pads in place, by
cliping two sides at corners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm mildly surprised that no one commented on the double
entendre you provided. When one is asked to "get a pair", I
first think of Marine boot camp. If you havn't got a pair by
graduation, you're doing something wrong.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Metspitzer" wrote in message

Anyone know where to get a pair?

I think mattress garters fit the bill pretty close.

Thanks everyone

Posted to alt.home.repair

Never been. But then, I don't have a pair.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 May 2011 09:42:51 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When one is asked to "get a pair", I
first think of Marine boot camp. If you havn't got a pair
by
graduation, you're doing something wrong.

Have you been to Marine boot camp?

I respect what they do every day to protect our nation. Me?
Being ARMY
makes me a "Green Maggot". Marines are part of the Navy.

TV with short circuit - how do I find the short? news.verizon.net[_2_] Electronics Repair 19 October 15th 08 01:35 AM
I Found My Yardstick Suspenders [email protected] Woodworking 1 April 1st 08 08:23 PM
Short firing -- how short is short? Ian Chard UK diy 2 December 11th 06 08:15 PM
short JB UK diy 2 October 9th 06 10:13 AM
Adiabatic short-circuit compliance on very short short-circuits Will Dean UK diy 17 August 23rd 05 12:03 PM