Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Credit card offers

Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

--
If your doctor isn't taking new patients,
he ain't curing any of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I send Mormon tracts.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it
through the
shredder, then send it in.

--
If your doctor isn't taking new patients,
he ain't curing any of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through
the shredder, then send it in.

Or, alternatively, scan it and replace the fine print with terms favorable
to you.

Send THAT in.

Oh, and keep a copy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

Hi,
Nothing better to do? Wastung time? If I want one they'll just give one
to me but I don't need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

H,,
You are shredding wrong thing. Whred your card(s).

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

Hi,
You are doing wrong. Shred the card(s)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2011 3:41 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

Anyone work for the post office? I always wondered what would happen if
you nicely wrapped a brick and pasted the return envelope on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through
the shredder, then send it in.

Or, alternatively, scan it and replace the fine print with terms
favorable to you.

Send THAT in.

Oh, and keep a copy.

Hmmm, kinda like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 5, 3:41*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

snip

Some folks just send in the prepaid envelope empty. That way the Post
Office makes a profit.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Be interesting if such a card got approved.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

Or, alternatively, scan it and replace the fine print with
terms
favorable to you.

Send THAT in.

Oh, and keep a copy.

Hmmm, kinda like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bud-- wrote:
On 5/5/2011 3:41 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through
the shredder, then send it in.

Anyone work for the post office? I always wondered what would happen
if you nicely wrapped a brick and pasted the return envelope on it.

Many, many years ago, a friend who worked in the PO said they just passed them
through. Postal employees had no authority to do otherwise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Joe wrote:

On May 5, 3:41*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

snip

Some folks just send in the prepaid envelope empty. That way the Post
Office makes a profit.

Joe

When did they start making a profit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 10:45*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*Joe wrote:
On May 5, 3:41*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

snip

Some folks just send in the prepaid envelope empty. That way the Post
Office makes a profit.

Joe

When did they start making a profit?

if enough people mailed postage paid bricks they might

95% of my mail goes DIREECTLY to the trash as soon as it arrives...

What a waste of resources
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote in news:eac8689e-3c9c-4f0e-9ad5-f35430ada18b@
28g2000yqu.googlegroups.com:

On May 5, 3:41*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

snip

Some folks just send in the prepaid envelope empty. That way the Post
Office makes a profit.

Joe

....and some like me will stuff it with every piece of trash junk mail I can
get in it. I got an entire cereal box in one of them. It was a chunky
envelope :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 5, 3:41 pm, wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

snip

Some folks just send in the prepaid envelope empty. That way the Post
Office makes a profit.

Joe

...and some like me will stuff it with every piece of trash junk mail I can
get in it. I got an entire cereal box in one of them. It was a chunky
envelope :-)

You know, we should start a support your post office movement. Just
start mailing every post paid piece of mail or card you come across
everywhere. Magazines are full of that stuff, Geico won't leave me
the hell alone so I'm thinking of stuffing their return envelopes
with newspaper clippings and dropping them in the mail. Of course,
I have to admit ignorance about how the post paid mail works like
is it already paid for or is the recipient billed for each piece
that is actually returned? PETPO People for the Ethical Treatment
of Post Office. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
bud-- wrote:
On 5/5/2011 3:41 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the
shredder, then send it in.

Anyone work for the post office? I always wondered what would happen if
you nicely wrapped a brick and pasted the return envelope on it.

The rules regarding business reply envelopes have language to the effect
that they will not be delivered if not used for their designed purpose,
i.e. mailing paper documents that fit in the envelope. It's been a while
since I've looked at the Domestic Mail Manual, but IIRC, using them as
a label is explicitly disallowed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think it's billed, per piece returned. They couldn't
afford to put postage on all of those envelopes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

You know, we should start a support your post office
movement. Just
start mailing every post paid piece of mail or card you come
across
everywhere. Magazines are full of that stuff, Geico won't
leave me
the hell alone so I'm thinking of stuffing their return
envelopes
with newspaper clippings and dropping them in the mail. Of
course,
I have to admit ignorance about how the post paid mail works
like
is it already paid for or is the recipient billed for each
piece
that is actually returned? PETPO People for the Ethical
Treatment
of Post Office. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 7, 8:15*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
*I think it's billed, per piece returned. They couldn't
afford to put postage on all of *those envelopes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in ...

You know, we should start a support your post office
movement. Just
start mailing every post paid piece of mail or card you come
across
everywhere. Magazines are full of that stuff, Geico won't
leave me
the hell alone so I'm thinking of stuffing their return
envelopes
with newspaper clippings and dropping them in the mail. Of
course,
I have to admit ignorance about how the post paid mail works
like
is it already paid for or is the recipient billed for each
piece
that is actually returned? PETPO People for the Ethical
Treatment
of Post Office. ^_^

TDD

the post office bills them for every returned envelope. I know that
for certain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Cool, then we should all get together and support The Post Office by
dropping every post paid reply item in the mail that we can find. I
would make up names, addresses, etc for the irritating ones like
Geico who pester the hell out of people. I asked several auto insurance
companies for quotes and after four years, Geico is the only one
still spamming and junk mailing me ignoring my request that they stop.
For that reason, I want to cost that freaking little lizard as much
money as I can. ^_^

TDD, Founding member of PETPO
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
The Daring Dufas typed:
wrote:
[...]

And at the same time screw the company that pays for the mailing. Resulting
in higher prices for you. There are also legal ramifications for misuse of
the mails so don't put anything in there wth your name/address on it! Then
the company has the cost of handling and disposing of the junk, too. A
****ed off company could have you serving time, technically.
There is no truly free mail: YOU pay the company, not the post office.
The company pays the PO and then internal costs.
But there are plenty of jerks and malcontents who don't care who they hurt.
They're never in short supply.

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 7, 2:51*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
The Daring Dufas typed:

*wrote:
[...]

Twayne`- Hide quoted text -

On what basis could someone returning post paid mail get sued? as long
as whats going back isnt dangerous or threatening.......

if they could be sued send your junk mail back with someone you dont
like address, just be suree to wipe all fingerprints.....

frankly i hate nearly all junk mail, all companies should have a opt
out requirement system
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Twayne" wrote

[...]

Doubt it would ever happen, but if enough people sent back the reply
envelopes, companies would soon know it did not work. Evidently, present
situation does work in selling or they would stop with no action on the part
of the junk mail recipients.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2011 1:51 PM, Twayne wrote:
In ,
The Daring typed:
wrote:
[...]

I love the way troll victims react......er, over react. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote in
:

On May 7, 2:51*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
The Daring Dufas typed:

*wrote:
[...]

Yeaaaah! Cereal boxes are Otay!

if they could be sued send your junk mail back with someone you dont
like address, just be suree to wipe all fingerprints.....

frankly i hate nearly all junk mail, all companies should have a opt
out requirement system

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:iq3rg7$8ib$1
@dont-email.me:

wrote:
[...]

They used to send them out addressed to "Safe Driver". I started marking
them as "Return to Sender-not at this address". Other people must have
done it because they changed the addressee.