Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SWMBO FU'D UP

SWMBO just HAD to have me put a sealer on ceramic tile. What was called for
was a grout sealer, as ceramic tile keeps its luster by being heated to a
high temperature, and sealing like glass. Or at least that is what I think
or seem to know.

Now we have this stippled sealer, which looks like dewdrops on about 850 SF
of ceramic tile instead of just a glassy finish.

What is the easiest way to clean this stuff off there, and put it right?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote:

SWMBO just HAD to have me put a sealer on ceramic tile.

First off-- you are mistaken. Like customers, SWMBO can never be
wrong. They might not be right--- but they are never, ever, wrong.

What was called for
was a grout sealer, as ceramic tile keeps its luster by being heated to a
high temperature, and sealing like glass. Or at least that is what I think
or seem to know.

Now we have this stippled sealer, which looks like dewdrops on about 850 SF
of ceramic tile instead of just a glassy finish.

What is the easiest way to clean this stuff off there, and put it right?

I'd call the 800 number on the container. I'll bet you're not the
first person to travel this road.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 10:44*am, "Steve B" wrote:
SWMBO just HAD to have me put a sealer on ceramic tile. *What was called for
was a grout sealer, as ceramic tile keeps its luster by being heated to a
high temperature, and sealing like glass. *Or at least that is what I think
or seem to know.

Now we have this stippled sealer, which looks like dewdrops on about 850 SF
of ceramic tile instead of just a glassy finish.

What is the easiest way to clean this stuff off there, and put it right?

Removing that stuff will not be easy, and it won't be fun. There are
acidic and alkaline grout haze removers that might work, but what will
work best will depend on what sealer you put down. Be aware that
removing the sealer may stain or damage the grout, so it's best to
sneak up on it and test in inconspicuous areas. The white scrubbing
pads are minimally abrasive and will be necessary to wet scrub the
surface with whatever liquid remover you end up going with.

Hydroment makes something called Remove. Call their tech support and
explain the situation and see what they recommend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote in
:

[...]

...called Remove.

Catchy, ehhh?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
SWMBO just HAD to have me put a sealer on ceramic tile. What was
called for was a grout sealer, as ceramic tile keeps its luster by
being heated to a high temperature, and sealing like glass. Or at
least that is what I think or seem to know.

Now we have this stippled sealer, which looks like dewdrops on about
850 SF of ceramic tile instead of just a glassy finish.

What is the easiest way to clean this stuff off there, and put it
right?

What does the manufacturer of the sealer say?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
SWMBO just HAD to have me put a sealer on ceramic tile. What was
called for was a grout sealer, as ceramic tile keeps its luster by
being heated to a high temperature, and sealing like glass. Or at
least that is what I think or seem to know.

Now we have this stippled sealer, which looks like dewdrops on about
850 SF of ceramic tile instead of just a glassy finish.

What is the easiest way to clean this stuff off there, and put it
right?

What does the manufacturer of the sealer say?

Read what I think is the container today, and there is nothing said about
removal. Will have to call them and discuss it.

Steve

OT; SWMBO away! The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 59 June 15th 10 01:08 AM
SWMBO John Grossbohlin Woodworking 4 January 18th 06 03:29 PM
SWMBO PDQ Woodworking 16 February 18th 05 11:23 AM
SWMBO asks, SWMBO gets... Dave Balderstone Woodworking 7 October 24th 04 10:35 PM
SWMBO will not be amused PoP UK diy 33 October 24th 03 06:18 PM