Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Triple tap

On 04/14/2011 09:47 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. The one I had was
actually 6 taps. It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

I have one, it's made by Klein. I think.

(googles)

ah, yes, here you go. this is the one I have

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-62...ref=pd_cp_hi_3

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:19:30 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 04/14/2011 09:47 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. The one I had was
actually 6 taps. It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

I have one, it's made by Klein. I think.

(googles)

ah, yes, here you go. this is the one I have

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-62...ref=pd_cp_hi_3

nate

That is the one.
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 9:47*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. *The one I had was
actually 6 taps. *It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. *Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Those multi-taps are cool when you need to clean up the threads
on some sort of panel cover or electrical box...

They aren't really meant to do much more threading than that...

Definitely much easier to carry one reversible tool in the tool
bag when up in a bucket lift than it is to carry a tap set...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Apr 15, 1:53*am, Evan wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:47*pm, Metspitzer wrote:

I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. *The one I had was
actually 6 taps. *It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. *Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Those multi-taps are cool when you need to clean up the threads
on some sort of panel cover or electrical box...

They aren't really meant to do much more threading than that...

Definitely much easier to carry one reversible tool in the tool
bag when up in a bucket lift than it is to carry a tap set...

I've used mine for adding a ground screw to an old box that I don't
feel like busting out of the wall and replacing... pre-grounded stuff
era boxes don't usually have the tapped holes in the back for the
ground screw

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

On Apr 14, 9:47*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. *The one I had was
actually 6 taps. *It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. *Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Those multi-taps are cool when you need to clean up the threads
on some sort of panel cover or electrical box...

They aren't really meant to do much more threading than that...

Yeah, that is what I used mine in the past for.

I need a tap now to clean some threads in a computer case. The holes
for the motherboard stand offs are painted and hard to get it. In the
past I have had the hold down come out when backing out the hold down
screws. I don't want that to happen again.

I should have spent 20 more on the case so I don't have to spend 20
bucks on a tap, but I have missed mine. They do come in handy
sometimes.

Definitely much easier to carry one reversible tool in the tool
bag when up in a bucket lift than it is to carry a tap set...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 04/14/2011 09:47 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. The one I had was
actually 6 taps. It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

I have one, it's made by Klein. I think.

(googles)

ah, yes, here you go. this is the one I have

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-62...ref=pd_cp_hi_3

nate

That is the one.
Thanks

A great tool from a great company. Mine's about 17 years old, who knows
how many times it's made my job easy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2011 1:53 AM, Evan wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:47 pm, wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. The one I had was
actually 6 taps. It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Those multi-taps are cool when you need to clean up the threads
on some sort of panel cover or electrical box...

They aren't really meant to do much more threading than that...

Mine has cut new threads in fresh drilled holes countless times. Even
cut the next size larger threads without a drill when working with pot
metal many many many times. It's no tap and die set, but it's not
advertised that way either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 9:27*am, N8N wrote:
On Apr 15, 1:53*am, Evan wrote:

[...]

You would not want to try using it to thread metal thicker than
1/4"... Adding a 10-32 grounding screw to an electrical box is
fine and is one of the intended purposes of a multi-tap tool...

But they are useless to tap blind holes in thicker materials...

You wouldn't be able to use such a multi-tap to thread a hole
in something 1/2" because none of the sections of the tap
sizes are that large and the shaft immediately tapers up in
size after each threaded portion...

They are intended to be a convenience tool for tradesmen
working high above or below the ground to quickly repair
or re-size holes for fasteners on devices and equipment
or the enclosures which contain said gizmos that they
are servicing to commonly sized screws without having
to carry a tap and die set in their tool bag...

~~ Evan

Old double vs new triple glazing seani UK diy 5 March 14th 10 10:10 PM
ladder: double or triple? Fred UK diy 11 February 22nd 10 06:26 PM
triple drill bit (2 shafts_countersink)? Robert Laws UK diy 20 February 17th 07 10:12 AM
Triple Gloat! Leigh Knudson Metalworking 9 June 29th 04 06:29 AM
Triple 1 way switch wiring. Martin MacKenzie UK diy 8 June 7th 04 06:50 PM